News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Helix

Started by #Alan#, April 07, 2019, 06:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#Alan#

I am currently returning to N gauge and am planning a design which will have a helix at one end with two tracks and a loop for trains to reverse back up, that is a double track on the helix. Is there a way to depict double track on a helix please? - when I have looked at the helix in AnyRail it would appear to only be single track.

Many thanks

David

You are correct, helices can only be done per single track.
To create a double track helix, first put two curves on the work area, one with the radius for the outer helix, and one with the radius for the inner helix at the required center distance. This distance is the difference between the two radii.
Next, create a helix for each. The result should be a double helix.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Tom Springer

David,

If the add parallel flex function could be made to work on multiple connected flex track parts, then this second helix track could be done that way with less effort.  And it would make it much easier to create a second parallel track to a curved track that is composed of parts of different radii, such as when an easement is involved.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

#Alan#

David, Tom - many thanks for your replies to my question; will give it a try.