News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Turntable 45cm closest match

Started by Erik84750, May 17, 2023, 09:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik84750

Which turntable has the closest match to my 45cm diameter table?

hvdkooij

Mentioning a manufacturer and other details might help people.

Erik84750

Thanks for the reply.

It is a scale 120' HO (45cm diameter) turntable by Diamond Scale. These are handcrafted turntables, very exquisite detail but with an antiquated indexing system.

However, this is besides the point since indexing these days is done electronically with no need for pre-designed track index slots.

Basically any circle of a specific diameter would work, but how is this done in AnyRail?

Erik84750

David

We do not always monitor the forums that actively! The Diamond Scale site does not reveal much about the exact dimensions.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Erik84750

Quote from: David on June 22, 2023, 10:08:57 PMWe do not always monitor the forums that actively! The Diamond Scale site does not reveal much about the exact dimensions.
Would it be ok/helpfull if I did take the dimensions accurately and send them to you?

rlcross

When I need a circle of say 45cm in diameter to simulate a turntable, I just draw one.  Did that to simulate a scratch built turntable on my layout.

Erik84750

Quote from: rlcross on June 22, 2023, 10:44:43 PMWhen I need a circle of say 45cm in diameter to simulate a turntable, I just draw one.  Did that to simulate a scratch built turntable on my layout.
[/quote
What is that circle tool? I must have overlooked that..

David

The circle tool is on the INSERT tab. It creates a square with round corners, resulting in a circle.

Yes, if we have all the (verified) dimensions, we'd be glad to add the turntable(s).
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.