News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 4.15

Started by David, May 17, 2011, 01:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steamfreight

Hi David, back to just right on colours and density, but ..

Without a design loaded I changed scale from 1:6 to 1:8, 1:10 ..  and further the grid snapping grid became out of alignment with with the work area grid.

However when I loaded my design all works well  ???

Anyway,  thanks I can carry on now, regards Jim  :)

David

Could you please send us the plan you're working on so we can see what's happening?

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

steamfreight

Hi David, as I said the problem only occurred with no design loaded and I have just opened AnyRail from the desktop without selecting a design and the hiccup is repeatable, regards Jim

David

Could you please check both grid sizes in the 'Settings' tab and reset them explicitly?
Using fractional units, there might be a rounding error that does not show up as everything is represented at a resolution of at most 1/64.

David.

steamfreight

Just been out for a while.

The initial 'snap to grid' value showed 1.0 when I double-clicked on the AnyRail desktop icon to open a new design.

Editing that to 1.0 the trailing zero is no longer displayed and the 'snap to grid' now aligns correctly to the 'work area grid' which is set to 12 inches when changing viewing scale.

Changing the 'snap to' setting to 1.5 inches the 'snap to grid' still aligns correctly to the 'work area grid' of 12inches and the digits after the decimal point are displayed ok, it's just a solitary zero only after the decimal point that no longer displays.

Could it just be a minor conflict between designs of earlier version AnyRail related to the numeric data types?

Jim

David

All data is internally stored as a decimal number. So when using 'fractional inches', any value between 0.0078125 (1/128") and 0.0234375 (3/128") is displayed as 1/64. This might cause a 'mismatch' even if it seems OK. Resetting 1/64 to 1/64 in the Settings tab explicitly sets the value to exactly that (0.015625).

Also, the display grid and the 'snap to' grid don't need to line up. If you set the display grid to 4", and the 'snap to' grid to 4 1/64", they naturally don't.

Finally, AnyRail preserves any values you set if you start again with a clean canvas.

I hope this explains it a bit!

David.

steamfreight

Thanks David, regards Jim