News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

fatal error while editing text

Started by santerdam, June 21, 2008, 12:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

santerdam

Version AnryRail 3.5.0 NL (Jun 11 2008)
- place a text and put some words in the text
- point to the text, right-mouse click and select edit text
- highlight with your mouse some part of the text
- hit the DEL button on your keyboard
- an error window pop's up and asks to send the Error Report (to Microsoft)
- AnyRail exits

I have tested multiple times, the error is each time generated. You don't need to place rails or whatever, a white sheet with only text will do.

Sander

Chris

Good evening.

What a coincidence. I have a very similar problem. I had added six very short texts ('<' and '>' in various combinations to indicate direction of travel) and was moving them over the the appropriate tracks. The first five moved fine but when I moved the 6th one the application crashed. (I have sent the crash report to info@anyrail.com.) The first time this happened I noted that, for a while before, I could not use keyboard shortcuts while editing the layout. They did work when working in text areas like changing the thickness of a line. After the crash I tried opening AnyRail again and doing the job again with exactly the same results (incl. the shortcuts problem).

After rebooting the PC, I tried again and all worked fine. I moved 5 texts but on the sixth, same problem. This time I managed to rerun the program, repeated the task but this time I saved every move and managed to type in and  and move all 5 texts; all was ok. This is the first time anything like this has happened.

I have appended the AnyRail file in its final state.

Best wishes,
Chris,

Tried adding the AnyRail file but, at just over 350KB, it was too large.
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________

Chris

Hi David. I zipped the AnyRail file just in case it is any help. I had to change the extension so that the forum app. would accept it, so you will have to change the extension back from .gif to .zip to open it.

Chris.
Chris

David

Hi all,

I'm sorry, there was noone in the office today.
Of course, we'll look at it immediately!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this...

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

santerdam

Chris, for indicating driving direction, you don't need short texts ('<' and '>' ). You also can point to a rails, right-mouse click and select 'change direction'.

Sander

santerdam

Thanks for your reply David.

Additional I noticed today that under unknown conditions text just disappears after editing. Three times I edited a text and after hitting Enter, the whole text was gone. As said, I was not able to get gripe on the conditions.

Chris

Thanks for the hint Sander. The reasons I was using text were a) I wanted to be able also to indicate importance (speed) of the line, e.g. "< >>" indicated a main line passing through a station but that the track could also be used by a terminating train that would then reverse out of it to go back the way it came. Also "<>" indicated bi-directional slow lines. b) I don't like the arrow style: too big and too spindly. (Sorry David.)

All the best,
Chris.
Chris

David

With the version released just now, the problems mentioned in this thread are hopefully solved.
In version 3.5.2, the DEL key works as expected when editing text, and some other issues regarding text handling should be resolved as well.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Chris

Thanks David. Will download shortly.

Chris.
Chris

santerdam

The new version 3.5.2 has solved the text-issue. Thanks very much David !