News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Release 3.6.0 - Line width

Started by Duchess Of Montrose, July 01, 2008, 08:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duchess Of Montrose

Hi,
I have just installed release 3.6.0 and I am unable to change the line width when adding a feature. I can't find the option.
Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Charlie

David

Hi Charlie,

In previous versions there was only a pop up menu for the points of the line. Now, there's an additional one for the lines themselves.

So: while on a line, press the right mouse button. The last menu item reads: 'Change line width...'.
That's the one you need.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Duchess Of Montrose

Thanks David.

I was looking for the option when I right clicked on the point rather than the line. 
Since this is the only option at line level rather than at point level, is there a reason for this?  From a consistancy viewpoint (and hence ease of use) I thought it would have been just another option when right clicking on the point.  It is easier to click on the point as it is a larger target.

Charlie

David

The line has been make "clickable" as well because of the new 'shift and drag' functions. You can try them out when you drag a line or a point of a feature while holding the SHIFT key.
So it seemed natural to add a drop down menu for the lines as well. Most of the menu items are the same as for the points.

But indeed, the line width is set for the complete figure, so it might be reasonable to make it available in the point pop up menu as well.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.