News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Industrial Layout (Ruhr Valley Era IIIb-IVa)

Started by Vintage64, July 27, 2008, 02:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage64

Three months in the making here is the first revision of my Ruhr Valley inspired layout. My intention was to have a sizable amount of passenger trains staged in the the lower level. They are being summoned as desired and run through the main line of the upper level. The upper level provides for all the eye candy and action including a Bw, a coal mine (Trix Zollverein) and steel works (Trix Hochofen und Giesshalle). Furthermore there is a sizable yard with a hump yard (Ablaufberg).

Lower level is fully build and upper main line is laid loosely on .5" to 1" styrofoam.

Guys, let me know what you think.

Thomas

(Edited for better readability)

Upper level:

Lower Level (Upper level -10 in):

Upper Level
Lower Level

kimbo

Eeek your images broke the site's layout and the links don't work unless you do a copy and paste lol.

But in any case, the layout looks very very good lots of operational interest to say the least!

Do you have pictures of your work in progress?
Kim
Living in: Brussels, Belgium
AnyRail user since: 26/12/2007
Dream layout: HO freelance layout set in an imaginary European country bordering to Belgium, Germany, and Netherlands
Personal site: http://kimmetje.rpgnewworlds.net

Vintage64

I scaled the images down a bit :) You can still read the legend though.

Images are here. I will try to post the latest development today.

Thomas

David

It's a good setup! I also like the way you put the small halogene lamps in. I've always got a bit of trouble seeing what's going on in the hidden yard, and this seems like a good solution.
Also, I think you did well abandoning your first attempt. Most of the track was probably out of reach, and somewhat out of sight as well!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Vintage64

David,

Thanks for your comments. It's only the first revision, but it's a start. I hope my dealer comes through with the Trix "Hochofen & Giesshalle" kit. I thinks it's a limited production run.

The lights were an afterthought but well worth the time and money. I'll post more pictures soon.

Thomas

Chris

Hi Thomas.

I'm full of envy. My plans seem to get stalled at every opportunity. :o(

Can I request that next time you update the plan that you append the .any file. The images already posted require horizontal scrolling to see the whole plan at a reasonable size so that the text is still readable.

Good luck with the layout, it should be amazing when it is complete.

All the best,
Chris.
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________

Vintage64

Chris, thanks for your comments. You find the .any files at the bottom of my post.

Best,

Thomas