News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

distance between points

Started by aducom, March 04, 2012, 10:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aducom

It would be great if you could select two points and let the app measure the distance. Often you have a small empty space between two rails you need to connect. To be able to measure the distance would be helpful to match small pieces of rails.

Also the app is very stict. There's some movement possible to allow connection if there's a lot of lenght. To straighten out rails would solve this issue. (Now you sometimes accept a white piece just because you know it can be fixed by bending the rail a little)

Finally, it would be great if the app can measure a length and fills matching rails automatically

Jeff

To do this, use the (Ribbon) Insert / Add ruler. The Ruler will tell you what length it is. If it's too short to read the number, hover over the ruler line and it should report length on the status bar.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

David

If you switch off 'Autoconnect' in the settings, the track will connect as long as the tolerances are met (tolerances are also in the Settings tab). This way, you can cheat to make things fit.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

RhB_HJ

David,

Getting back to the suggested feature "Establish two points and show the distance between them" would be handy in snap track and flex track mode. As it is one has to guess at the gap, measuring with the ruler works, but not as easily as having the distance between two points and indicated once one clicks on that line.
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

David

If you activate (select) one endpoint, the status bar tells you the distance to the mouse cursor.
If you move the mouse cursor over the other point, the exact distance is shown.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

RhB_HJ

Thank you David,  I didn't know that and didn't trip over it so far.  ;)
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display