News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

STrange track behavior

Started by Jeff, March 28, 2012, 08:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I am getting a very strange thing happening. On the included layout file, when I go to create a parallel track, it instead creates something close to the original curve, but flipped left-for-right. On the included file at the spot labeled HERE, left click to select, right click for popup menu and select the Create parallel track tool. Enter 1.5 for separation and click to select the Below or Left choice. The track that shows up is not sized to be parallel to the original and it's flipped lef-for-right.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

RhB_HJ

Hmmmm... strange. In my machine it is exactly where it should be, I switched to "line view" and checked with the ruler set to 1.5 in several spots.
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

Jeff

Yeah. I closed AR, reopened it, and tried again and it worked normally. What can I say? These are the things that drive programmers crazy :(.
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

BritsTukker

Jeff, I too have had this happen but have not reported it as I can't repeat it. A few times - may be three or four - it has created a mirror image of the selected bit of track rather than a parallel track. Stop and start the program and it never goes wrong twice in a row. Have not found a repeatable situation.

RhB_HJ

As one guy on another forum has in his sign-off.

"It's not a glitch, it is a feature."
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

Jeff

If I could have figured out some way to make this useful, and a way to make it happen, it would have been in Hints & Tips :)

David

It's a bug in the following sequence of events:
- Add flex.
- Make curve out of flex with the 'Curve flex...' tool.
- Flip the curve.
- Add parallel track to the curve.

It will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for pointing it out!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Jeff

Aha! You're welcome :) As I said a long time ago: "If there's a way to break the software, I'll find it!" :D