News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Cut Flex here function

Started by RhB_HJ, March 05, 2012, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulB

Jeff,

I have been experimenting with it and see that it can speed up my process quite a bit.

Thanks

Paul
Paul
CEO of the PB&J RR

RhB_HJ

Quote from: Jeff on April 01, 2012, 03:34:33 PM
Figure where you want the turnout, click the flex where you want one end of the turnout and use the tool, same for the other end, disconnect and remove the excess piece of flex (or click it and delete), then drop in the turnout and attach the ends. Once you make it a habit, it's much faster than your way.

Actually to get that turnout precisely where it belongs you place the turnout on the existing track - preferably with a piece of flex attached to the "loose" end, line up the works using "centerline view", then cut the track using the same view. Precise with only minor errors ... and it works even in a curve.

Going to centerline view and using a large zoom seems to prevent most of the antics AR serves with "cut flex here".
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display