News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

download N scale scenery and small buildings

Started by martinater, March 28, 2012, 07:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinater

Hi,
I am new to S/W and never posted any where. I am trying to down load basic Scenery and building N scale icons. I haven't been able to find any. Thanks.
Martinater

RhB_HJ

Welcome to the AnyRail forum,

Could you give us a better idea what it is you are looking for and what you understand by icons.
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

martinater

Sorry, I think I have the track layout done and want to add small buildings, oil derricks, 
oil storage tank, lighting for the yard, oil barrels, etc. I also want to add forest or groups of trees, also a tunnel. I am hoping to cut and paste icons (plan view footprints) of the above. Off the subject, I read that there are no kits to motorize oil derricks that work smoothly and quietly for N scale. True? I have always wanted to be in the Oil business.
Thank you very much, Daughter is 26 and I am rebuildinding RR, from when she was 6 years old, for her. Martinater

RhB_HJ

OK, now I get it!

There are quite a few different collections in N-scale on here. All of them in plan view with more being added as time and mood allows.  ;) :)

Check out

N-scale Structures
N-scale Scenery Objects
Walthers Blast Furnace Footprint N Scale
N-scale NA RR Stations

At present we're a waiting - with baited breath - to AR ver5.x, which if the skuttlebut is correct should allow us to generate/integrate libraries right into the S/W.
In the meantime download the different files in those threads and then cut/paste the items you need. Works best when you have two windows with AR running one with your layout plan the other with the Any file that contains the items.

Cheers

HJ

PS I'm holding off including trees, fences and other scenery items (stuff that we produce in many scales)  until we get to that S/W update. ;)
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

My train videos

Jeff

HJ,

What are your thoughts on converting the stuff already uploaded into the new format? I think that's going to be our first task.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

RhB_HJ

Yes it will be.

And to get some order into the selection it really should be sorted. What I would like is somewhat along the lines the mfgs do it. For starters two categories: NA and Euro. Next subdivide each according to type e.g. RR related, towns, rural, industries and commercial.
Otherwise it will be as much "fun" as looking through the Walthers catalogue, instead of using their online search engine.

And then it is still a question of what does the critter look like? If you look at my N-scale NA RR Stations I included the catalogue picture of each to make choosing a bit easier.
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

My train videos

martinater

Thank You very much, I appreciate all of the help.
Martinater

Jeff

Well, I can agree with martin about thanking you for the work done. Sadly I don't have the Walther's catalog, so info on the looks is vital. I guess. If I had to, I could go look it up, if I had the part number. But the less of that we have to do later, the better. Once 5 goes live, I'll start working on the N scale stuff. I'm most familiar with that. Then go on to HO, I suppose.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It