News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Walthers 130 FT turntable w/Cornerstone Series(R) Union City Roundhouse 933-3202

Started by glakedylan, July 23, 2012, 02:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glakedylan

I found the Walthers 130 FT turntable on sale for a super price, so I picked it up on vacation travels. (This is the motorized, powered, unit.)

Here it is attached to Walthers Roundhouse Part #933-3202 four (4) sets of 6 stalls.

The stalls are set at 7.5°. The grouping can be changed by ungrouping.

Hope this is a help for someone.

Gary L Lake Dillensnyder

Jeff

Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

mopac1962

Have two of these turntables and have been fussing with getting the motors to work for a while. Would love to hear how you got them working.
Derailment is not an option.

glakedylan

Quote from: Jeff on July 23, 2012, 04:45:20 PM
And you didn't tell us while we could buy one? Shame on you!

hey Jeff!
was only one in the store...actually it was a returned item as the buyer wanted one that was DCC compatible. Since it is DC only, he returned it and they had it on marked down price! lucked out, returned 30 minutes before i walked into the store!
won't note the price I paid as that would be cruel!
peace,
Gary

glakedylan

Quote from: mopac1962 on July 23, 2012, 06:03:38 PM
Have two of these turntables and have been fussing with getting the motors to work for a while. Would love to hear how you got them working.

sorry to hear that...MoPac
ouch!
i hope i do not have that problem, but if i do and can rectify will certainly let you know.
in close examination, the gears at the end of the bridge do look somewhat less than perfectly aligned...that raised my concern...but i hope it won't be a problem.
i will try to find a power source (much is still boxed from last move and we are now boxing more for next move) and give it a try...let you know!
peace,
Gary

Jeff

A good piece of luck, in any case. That gear alignment... being a model railroader, you will of course be able to scratch-build some casing from aluminum (bought by the roll or sheet from your local newspaper publisher, if one still exists). That's the kind of thing that makes a 'scratcher' get tingly fingers :D. If mopac's twin tables were N scale, I'd be after him to sell them off to me :).
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

glakedylan

Quote from: Jeff on July 24, 2012, 02:30:16 AM
you will of course be able to scratch-build some casing from aluminum (bought by the roll or sheet from your local newspaper publisher, if one still exists).

greetings Jeff...hope you are having a great day!

As it turns out, the new home we will be moving to (the home is not new, it will just be a new address for us!) is but 2 blocks away from the major printing mill for the Philly newspaper which is along the Schuylkill River and the NS track/yard in that area.

Should be able top get some of those aluminum sheets you note. I know they were always being offered at little cost as barn/building siding by the local newspaper where I grew up in the Pottsville area of PA...the Pottsville Republican being the afternoon newspaper then and the only newspaper today.

Is it karma for just coincidence? According to LJ Gibbs, no such thing as a coincidence! ;-)

Peace,
Gary L Lake Dillensnyder

RhB_HJ

Quote from: glakedylan on August 06, 2012, 10:31:53 PM
Is it karma for just coincidence? According to LJ Gibbs, no such thing as a coincidence! ;-)

Peace,
Gary L Lake Dillensnyder

Neither, it is happenstance.
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

Jeff

Obviously you moved to that house specifically because of the newspaper and railroad nearby!

RhB_HJ

Quote from: Jeff on August 06, 2012, 11:22:50 PM
Obviously you moved to that house specifically because of the newspaper and railroad nearby!

Yep, that would be a major consideration. Everybody looks for precisely those special features....... and as much free space in the basement as possible. :P ;D ;D
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

My train videos

glakedylan

HJ and Jeff

Actually I lived in a place that had a Conrail, then CSX, track run through my front yard, only 25 ft from my front door. Made an interesting situation for wall hangings!

The railroad being 2 blocks and an industrial park away is close enough! The deal sealer however was being 2 mi from my wife's work site. I am happy for her. And, especially happy for me with the happenstance of a basement that appears dry enough to model in!

Sincerely,
Gary L Lake Dillensnyder

RhB_HJ

Gary,

At our place we have the regional line across the lake. Naturally when I set up one of our webcams I aimed it at that line, but with the very infrequent traffic people need to be very patient to see a train roll by. But when it does, it does very slowly so one can enjoy it.  :D  ;) :D

Kelowna Pacific Line along Kalamalka Lake
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

My train videos

glakedylan

HJ...what a terrific view! lovely!

and add a train to it and it becomes breath-taking :-)

i like racing the local trains down the Schuykill Expressway into Philly.
or back out toward Pottstown on the Schuylkill and 422.

Have been very disappointed, however, that the NS has not had any heritage units out this way.

Maybe some day!

Gary

Jeff

I've seen one in the past year. Might not seem like much, but the (originally N&W) line runs about 14 miles north of here. Of course it would be a longish chase for you to come stake out the tracks... :D