News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Adding F functions

Started by RhB_HJ, August 06, 2012, 09:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhB_HJ

Using the mouse when "cut flex here" is still temperamental. Half the time not in the spot specified. How about positioning the mouse at the correct location and executing the "cut" using an F function?
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

Jeff

Sorry, but I disagree. What's needed is to get the program to execute commands where we tell it to and not at any 'average' or random spot. I haven't had your problem with this particular function, but there are a number of places where the same uncertainty shows up.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

Mike from CT

Talk about cutting flex track, when we cut a standard curved piece, can we keep the radius attached to both pieces (and the degrees) attached to each piece?

RhB_HJ

Quote from: Jeff on August 06, 2012, 11:15:07 PM
Sorry, but I disagree. What's needed is to get the program to execute commands where we tell it to and not at any 'average' or random spot. I haven't had your problem with this particular function, but there are a number of places where the same uncertainty shows up.

Perhaps what we need is a "Special AR Mouse". Either that or slow down to follow exactly the prescribed/expected path for that function.  ::) ::)  Well when I click I expect it to cut precisely where I click. I know it cant be my mouse, it works perfectly in any of the other programs I use. The F function would be a precise work around, as long as the mouse actually knows where it is when I click.

Reminds me of the "good old days" when using "MS Publisher1" with Win 3.1   ??? ???

I haven't mentioned the other "random choices" because they are not as aggrevating as the "cut flex here", but that is probably because I work mostly with flex, because it is more flexible.  :P :P
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

David

The earlier bug has not been solved correctly for all situations. I'm working on it!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.