News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 5.2

Started by David, October 09, 2012, 09:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi all!

Apart from many internal improvements, these are the changes for you:
- Updates H0: Peco, Jouef
- Updates OO: Triang
- Updates N: Bachmann, Kato, Minitrix
- Updates O: Lenz
- Updates Z: Rokuhan

Bugfixes:
- Peco OO/H0 libraries can be found in OO scale group as well now
- Issues with downloading of user objects fixed
- Paths through turntable stubs fixed
- Function 'Set endpoint angle' fixed
- Default file associations for '.any' now point to AnyRail version 5

Please enjoy!

David.

5.2.1 Solves a problem with Windows XP.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

BritsTukker

David, I just installed 5.2, but when I try to run it I get a message "not a valid Win32 aplication"
(I'm running on WinXP(SP3))
Any ideas?

David

Version 5.2.1 should work with XP Service Pack 3.
(And of course with any newer Windows version).

David.

Andriy

Quote from: BritsTukker on October 09, 2012, 10:37:15 PM
David, I just installed 5.2, but when I try to run it I get a message "not a valid Win32 aplication"
(I'm running on WinXP(SP3))
Any ideas?
Hi, I had the same problem - try re-loading the update and before it downloads completely, just close AnyRail (leaving the update download window only) - should work with no problems (like a new install but saving all your settings)

BritsTukker

Give the man a gold star!
Now works just fine with XP(SP3). Thank you, David.

Andriy

Guys, I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful program! I tried WinTrack before, but got dismayed by the fact it was so NOT user-friendly! Your program I learned intuitively. I also loved how you treat new users - one can get the program for free and have it free forever, with no period and all functions unlocked (only for smaller layouts) - how much more fair can you be? The person who only wants to try a small layout - it's great. I gladly paid after I tried and loved the program and decided I would like to plan my whole layout using it. It's the 1st time in my life I've paid money for a softaware and felt good about doing so :-)

David

Thanks Andriy, that's good to hear!

David.

jstar

I am having a different problem.
My upgraded version is unregistered.
When I try to register it by following File/Help/Register my customer name and license key comes up but when I select OK another window opens that says "This product is NOT registered."
I am unable to register it.

Very frustrating!

John

David

@John:
I've checked our records and it turns out you've originally purchased a license for AnyRail version 3 in November 2008. This license came with one free upgrade to version 4.

The license is not valid for a second upgrade to version 5.
If you open the File tab and click Help, the program should say so in the text in the right pane.

We give a 50% discount on the upgrade for existing customers.
To take advantage of this offer, please go here:
www.anyrail.com/upgrade_request_en.html

To download the latest version for which your license is valid go here:
www.anyrail.com/executables/AnyRailEN4.26.0.msi

I hope this explains it!
David

caldog

I have lost my License Key-so do not know if I can upgrade from my prior version or if I need to re-buy.  Can you help?  Also in this version 5 I do not find the material list option that was in the prior versions.  Was this taken out of 5?

Steve Martin
Stockton, CA

Mike from CT

Quote from: caldog on October 21, 2012, 02:12:29 AM
I have lost my License Key-so do not know if I can upgrade from my prior version or if I need to re-buy.  Can you help?  Also in this version 5 I do not find the material list option that was in the prior versions.  Was this taken out of 5?

Steve Martin
Stockton, CA

The materials lst moved, but it's still there - from the file menu, select "Info" and you'll find it listed there.

Hope that helps....

caldog

Thanks for the info-found it.  I like to print out the listing.

caldog

I just paid the new version price.