News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 5 is out!

Started by David, September 06, 2012, 01:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlainUSA

Thanks for version 5, David ! I love it ! Especially the 3D export ! I'm using it BIG TIME !

I already drew my layout structures in 3D with Sketchup aside of version 4, so when v5 was out, the first thing I did is exporting my AnyRail layout plan to the DAE format, import it in Sketchup and match the track layout on my existing 3D structures in Sketchup to verify if everything fits as expected ! And it worked like a charm ... And let me tell you it is a complex 3 story layout with helicoides. Here are a few screen shots with just the track layout and the match with my existing 3D structure in Sketchup! All the track work is a direct export from AnyRail in DAE format! The variation of colors of the rails represents the different sections (the color coding has a meaning for my wiring and block functions).
You will also find a 3D animated movie to travel "through" the layout. The AnyRail 3D is a great feature and indispensable to me ! Thanks for providing it !

Animated movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDV5COs_TP4

/AlainUSA

vistisen

Quote from: AlainUSA on September 12, 2012, 04:20:58 PM
Thanks for version 5, David ! I love it ! Especially the 3D export ! I'm using it BIG TIME !

I already drew my layout structures in 3D with Sketchup aside of version 4, so when v5 was out, the first thing I did is exporting my AnyRail layout plan to the DAE format, import it in Sketchup and match the track layout on my existing 3D structures in Sketchup to verify if everything fits as expected ! And it worked like a charm ... And let me tell you it is a complex 3 story layout with helicoides. Here are a few screen shots with just the track layout and the match with my existing 3D structure in Sketchup! All the track work is a direct export from AnyRail in DAE format! The variation of colors of the rails represents the different sections (the color coding has a meaning for my wiring and block functions).
You will also find a 3D animated movie to travel "through" the layout. The AnyRail 3D is a great feature and indispensable to me ! Thanks for providing it !

Animated movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDV5COs_TP4

/AlainUSA
Wow 8)

Micha68

awsome layout and great views!

Michael

lesleys

David, In version 5, how do you change the colour of a surface? I have tried to change the colour of a road I created, and am unable to do so. Thanks, Stephen.

David

@Stephen: if you select the surface, you can set its fill and line color in the Ribbon.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Calsash

I have version 4 purchased in Jan 2010 so I justmiss out on the free upgrade.
Can anyone tell me how much it will cost to upgrade from 4 to 5 please. I have read that anyone withversion 2 or 3 is a 50% discount so I am thinking version 4 may be better than the 50%????

BritsTukker

A version 4 licence should be valid for V5 as well, independently of when you actually purchased it.

David

Yes, but similarly, a license for version 3 is valid for version 4, but not for version 5.
You always get one major upgrade for free.

Later upgrades can be purchased with a 50% discount.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Jeff

@Ralph...  Try using tbe 'undo' command (ctrl-z).
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

RhB_HJ

@ Jeff

did you get your 'puter fixed?
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display