News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 5 is out!

Started by David, September 06, 2012, 01:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

David-Problem-Selecting a surface above another surface causes a crash about 1 out of 4-5 times. This last time the selected surface had rounded corners also, don't know if this is part of the problem. I don't see a problem with the delete layer thing but I also have about 20 years of daily AutoCad experience. - Russ

David

@Russ, yes we've had one other user seeing this same issue.
I've not been able to reproduce it so far.

Could you please send me your AnyRail plan file?

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

AJHunt2870

Hi Guys,
  I like the new version 5 but I've run into a couple of problems/quirks.  I'm designing a British outline layout in OO and when I set the scale/gauge filter to OO, all I got offered by way of track libraries were old Hornby and Triang ones - where were the principal OO items in the PECO range?  It was not until I turned HO back on that I found them.  It would be helpful if you were to modify the lists so that OO/HO PECO Setrack Code 100, OO/HO PECO Streamline Code 100, OO/HO PECO Streamline Code 75 and OO9/HOe PECO Code 80 appeared in the OO library as well.  It is only the HO code 83 that really belongs solely in the HO range.

On another point, the User Objects are wonderful innovation - I've spent the last day or so drawing up various Ratio and Wills items that I will upload and share soon.

All of these items are railway infrastructure items, not industrial buildings (which implies non-railway related).  Could we please have a Railway Buildings category rather than just Industrial to store these under?

Could we also have an Edit function for library objects rather than just Details?  At the moment if you need to make a change to an object you've got to place it, select it, modify it and enter it into the library as a new object rather than just updating the old one.  This means that you've got to copy the description to the clipboard and remember all the other details before deleting the old object (which has the unfortunate consequence of closing the library module) and then save the edited object as a new object, paste in the description and then enter all the other details from memory.  An Edit function that opens the object up in a new window, independent of the layout design that you're working on, and then allows the updated object to be saved back to the library would be a real improvement.

Also, can we have some control points on both Object Library and User Objects that allow such objects to be placed accurately via snap-to-grid (maybe at the centre, the outermost corners of the object, the corners of the bounding box or the root of the rotation handle) and at particular X/Y coordinates and angles via entry in the ribbon, as you can for Track pieces.

David

&AJHunt: Thanks for the suggestions. An edit function for user objects is going to be a bit tricky, but perhaps there's a way to make the process easier.

David.

David

@Russ, updating to 5.1.3 should solve the issue.

David.

BritsTukker

@David : Why is the latest version making backups of the files I open and then not deleting them when I close down? (Up till 5.1.2, unneeded backups got automatically deleted - now I'm getting loads of copies piling up on the disc)
Is this a new 'feature', or just another new bug?

Cheers.

David

@BritsTukker: The program makes a backup if you open a Version 4 (or older) file.

This is done to make sure that people not wanting to upgrade to V5 at this time will not lose anything when they accidentally overwrite their files with V5.

A file saved with Version 5 cannot be opened by Version 4.

If you open a V5 file, no backup should be created.

David.

dancorleone

Hi, i'm having trouble finding where to enter my registration key. I've downloaded the latest version which is shown as a "trail" verison, but i cannot enter my key anywhere to upgrade to the full verison! :S

BritsTukker

Thanks for the explanation, David. I now know how to proceed.

A couple of files I had opened to look at, but if you don't make any changes, AR doesn't write the file back, so it stayed as a V4 file and then another backup was made next time I opened it, so one file I regularly look at but rarely change ended up with about six backup files.

Sorted! Thank you.

Nick the Cabin Boy

Love it!

But...

I would still like to have the font and size stay how I have set it until I set it again.  I know that I can select all text and change it all in one go, but that doesn't apply to Section Names.  Just set up about 30 sections - Create, Name, Usage, Colour, Font, Size for every one of them!  And it would be nice to change the colour of the label as well, as they don't always show up well, being the same colour as the section.

And, David, thanks for your assistance getting v5 set up - haven't used that email address for over 2 years!

Nick, in Tasmania
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

RhB_HJ

Another snag, just started. Upgraded to 5.1.2 but it still believes I'm using 4.26.0
Changed the file association manually, in case this happens on more than just my machine.
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

David

@HJ: Yes, this is a glitch of the installer. It will be fixed in the next update.

David.

David

@dancorleone: The registration button is in the File/Help pane.

David.

David

@Nick: Yes, defaults are much asked for! I'll see what I can do. Setting fonts for all sections at once might be a good idea as well.

David.

manu

I 'm the owner for the moment of version 3 license and apparently the price to upgrade to version 5 is half of the price but this is not the case for me.
I use the link existing client on your buy page and I fill my actual key and after that I well receive the mail but when I click on the link I have nothing to buy at half price.
Can you check what is wrong?