News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Shortening Flex track

Started by donone, October 30, 2008, 04:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donone

I have been following your suggestion and shortened a piece of Flex track. I had to move the control point back to allow this to happen by holding shift and dragging. OK. Then I grabbed the end of the track with shift held and shortened the track. OK.
I had two tracks to do and want them the same length and so found I had to use Adjust Flex - Straight Flex which works under normal circumstances!! (Horizontal)
However my tracks are at 25 deg and what happens is that the track moves to the horizontal position as soon as the length is set.
I suspect this is a small bug.

As an observation from this, is it possible to have the changing length of the track displayed on the Status Bar as it changes? I note that the length is displayed with the part name on the left of the Status but only after letting go the mouse.
You only stop learning when you die.
Sometimes I think I am dead.

David

Well, it's not really a bug. It's simply that the track is not kept in position with the length/curve/easement tools.

If you need two identical pieces, you can use copy and paste:
- Right click track, select 'Copy'.
- Right click on the workspace where you want the second piece of track, and select 'Paste'.

About your suggestion to show the current length in the status bar: We'll see if that can be done.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

donone

OK perhaps not a bug but surely undesirable. Having laid the track at an angle and put several others parallel to it, it is a bit disturbing when adjusting the length as described, to have the track jump out of position (to horizontal). It does not do it when dragging shorter.
Surely this is not acceptable, because it makes the Adjust Flex dialog unusable in this situation, and means that only guesswork for the length can be used.

[Edit] This also happens if the track is glued. The track then, after laying itself horizontal is glued in that position.

David

Indeed, that is a case where it is truly undesirable when track is rotated and shifted out of position.
We'll investigate if this can be solved in an acceptable way.

David.

donone

Thank you David. On reading your second reply I think I may have misunderstood your first reply. When you said not a bug I took it to mean you thought it was OK as it was. Apologies if so.

David

This will be resolved in the next release of AnyRail.

The direction and position of one of the endpoints of the flex will be preserved while doing one of those special actions for flex length/curve/easement.

David.

David

This has been resolved in version 3.16.1

David.