News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 5.4

Started by David, December 17, 2012, 12:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi all,

The December release has the following library changes:
New:
- O GarGraves track libraries
Updates for:
- N:Fleischmann Piccolo, Kato Unitrack.
- 00-9/H0e: Peco Code 80.
- H0: Märklin C, Peco Streamline Code 75 and 100.
- O: Ross Custom Switches.

For layers, locking is added.

The initialization of the program is optimized so it should start up a lot quicker.

Enjoy!

David.

Version 5.4.1 solves the issues with flex track and glue.
Version 5.4.2 fixes N Kato Unitrack compact switches.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

poppy2201

Thanks David for the hard work.  Startup times are still about 9 seconds.  Great improvement.

Regards,
Charles
Charles J.

glakedylan

thank you David
along with all others
who do such a fine job
of updating and adding to
the AR software.
very much appreciated!
i hope this season
in advent and hannakuh
and the
coming days of Christmas
are a blessing to all.
peace,
Gary L Lake Dillensnyder

BSE60

Hello,

When I start AnyRail I cannot register the new realease.I have this message :
"The handle is not correct"
Could you tell me what can I do
Thank's for your help  :)

David

BSE60: Could you please try and restart the program while holding down SHIFT?
This resets the program.

David.

BSE60

Hi David,

Thank's for your help.

I have restart the program following your advice but alas without sucess...
When I look for the new releases in "Mises à jour" then "Recherches de mises à jour" the system finds the release 5.4 and ask to me if I want to register these release : "AnyRail français 18.08MB" but after few seconds the same message appears on the screen :
"Erreur" le handle n'est pas dans l'état correct pour l'opération demandée"
Best regards
Bertrand

David

Bertrand, could you please try and download the French version from the website: www.anyrail.com/download_fr.html.
After installation, the result should be the same as running the automatic update.

David.

BSE60

David,

Following your advice, I have download with success the last release 5.4 !!!
I begin with Anyrail (and Tillig repertory) and I would like to congratulate you David for the real easy use of your software. It's a pleasure to use AnyRail and as you say "AnyRail makes model railroad design so easy, it's fun!"
Again thank's for your help
Best regards
Bertrand

David

OK, thanks for telling, good to hear!

David.

Bob Bryce

I have a problem/concern.  I have been using Anyrail for quite some time now, and just the other day, loaded version 5.4.2.  It worked fine, but last night my operating system began doing some very strange things.  Internet pages were not loading properly and the Start menus would not come up.  When I rebooted, I got a blue screen asking if I wanted to do a normal start or troubleshoot.

Every normal start resulted in the same problems.

This morning I did a System Restore, and the only thing Windows 7 said I had done was install the Anyrail upgrade.

Upon performing the System Restore, everything now works fine, but I am back to Anyrail 5.3.1 and cannot open any of my drawing files.  I am hesitant to reinstall version 5.4 again, for fear of the same thing occuring.

Has anyone else had this problem yet?

David

@Bob: I would be very surprised if this has to do with AnyRail. We have hundreds of new installations every day and about the same number of people updating their software. Tens of thousands of users are using version 5.4.2 now, and no reports on this so far.
Perhaps you can try  a full virus scan. If you don't have a virus scanner, I advice using the free Microsoft Security Essentials.
Once completed, could you please try to upgrade to version 5.4.2 again?
Of course, if it is AnyRail, we'll go to the bottom of this to solve it.

David.

Bob Bryce

I do have McAffee Anti virus and it shows nothing.  I will try to load it again and see what happens.

Bob Bryce

So far so good.  Not having any of the problems I had before.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks.

David

PaulB

David,
   Is there a 5.4.4 being beta tested?
I just try to download the 7x5 and could not read it so i tried to update and it says my 5.4.2 is current.
Paul
CEO of the PB&J RR