News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 5.5

Started by David, February 01, 2013, 02:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi All!

New year, new version. It took a bit longer than expected as the addition of the first slot car system was a lot more work than anticipated. The work on this brought to light a few imperfections when working with train track as well. So it was a useful exercise.

A few problems were reported by people that run AnyRail on Wine. This is a Windows emulator that is often used by Linux and Mac users. These issues should be resolved now. Please note that we do not officially support this.

Some XP users had problems with copy and paste. This should be solved now as well.

Here is the list of enhancements:
Libraries:
New : Slot car system Scalextric
Updated libraries: N Kato Unitrack, N Minitrix, H0 Bachmann EZ Track, H0 Kato Unitrack, H0 Walthers Code 83

Functionality:
New: Show trace. This function draws a trace underneath the track. This can be used to determine how to cut the baseboard.
Improved: The 'Show pages' function now shows page numbers instead of coordinates.
Improved: In the List of Materials the track length is represented in a more logical way for our Imperial friends.

Bugfixes:
- Flip function sometimes yielded a wrong result
- Rubber banding much more accurate
- Isolator related functions
- Recent file list: files that don't exist will no longer be listed
- 'Small buttons' function fixed
- 'Disconnect part' function fixed

Enjoy!

David.

5.5.1 Solves an issue with default colors
5.5.2 Solves an issue where AnyRail would not start up properly.
5.5.3 Solves an issue with 'small' items.
5.5.4 Solves an issue for old computers running XP on a CPU with a limited instruction set.
5.5.5 Solves an issue when flipping specific types of isolator track.

NOTE:  If AnyRail won't start, please hold down SHIFT when starting up the program. This clears the programs settings.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

jstea

updated to 5.5 now I can not get any thing. program will not load using icon or by trying to load any. file from forum Thanks  Jim S
Jim

David

Could you please restart the program while holding down SHIFT.

This resets it.

David.

jstea

Did not work nor did a fresh download.
Jim

David

@Jim: very strange.
You downloaded and installed version 5.5.1?

What version of Windows are you using, and does anything happen at all?

David.

jstea

Win 7 and it is strange made the update on my desktop and it worked fine This is a dell vostro. When I double click icon it looks like it is loading but then stops even when using shift  key. took it off computer and loaded from main site same thing.
Jim

Bob Bryce

Quote from: David on February 01, 2013, 02:04:06 PM
A few problems were reported by people that run AnyRail on Wine.

Thaaaths funny,  I run Anyrail on whiskey all the time, and never have any problems!  Must be the Wine!

David

@jim: I've sent you an email.

David.

Wing

Hi David,
I have some problem with the glue function,
after I pressed save, the glued items became free.
Regards
Wing  :)

Andrew

Hi David,
I've tried Version 5.5.2 both with and without holding "SHIFT" and have the same result, the Microsoft error message with the following technical information below.
Yours,
Andrew

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="AnyRail5EN.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="AnyRail5EN.exe" SIZE="23037408" CHECKSUM="0x6C71FA91" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.5.2.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.5.2.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.5.2" FILE_DESCRIPTION="AnyRail5EN" COMPANY_NAME="DRail Modelspoor Software" PRODUCT_NAME="AnyRail5EN" FILE_VERSION="5.5.2" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="AnyRail5EN.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="AnyRail5EN" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 2004-2012" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x15FE21E" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.5.2.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.5.2.0" LINK_DATE="02/03/2013 10:37:04" UPTO_LINK_DATE="02/03/2013 10:37:04" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="ARupdater.exe" SIZE="318432" CHECKSUM="0x93F2F62F" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.5.2.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.5.2.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.5.2" FILE_DESCRIPTION="ARupdater 5.5.2 © DRail Modelspoor Software, Inc, 2012" COMPANY_NAME="DRail Modelspoor Software" PRODUCT_NAME="AnyRail5EN" FILE_VERSION="5.5.2" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="ARupdater.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="ARupdater" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) AnyRail5EN" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x50E18" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.5.2.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.5.2.0" LINK_DATE="12/20/2012 15:27:28" UPTO_LINK_DATE="12/20/2012 15:27:28" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="990208" CHECKSUM="0xCC2C4544" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.6293" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.6293" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.6293" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.6293 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.121001-1622)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xFBCBC" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.6293" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.6293" LINK_DATE="10/03/2012 04:58:13" UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/03/2012 04:58:13" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>
Yours,

Andrew

David

@Andrew: I've sent you an email.

David.

eric dupont

Quote from: Bob Bryce on February 01, 2013, 07:44:45 PM
Quote from: David on February 01, 2013, 02:04:06 PM
A few problems were reported by people that run AnyRail on Wine.

Thaaaths funny,  I run Anyrail on whiskey all the time, and never have any problems!  Must be the Wine![/glow]

;D ;D ;D only Pyrénnéen spring water and 5.5.3 did not run same as 5.5.2 ;D ;D ;D

David

@Andrew & Eric: Could you please update to version 5.5.4?
If that is not possible from within AnyRail, just download the program from the website and install it.

Version 5.5.4 should solve the issues some people experience when running AnyRail on XP SP3, on older CPU's that have a limited instruction set.

Please let me know how it goes!

David.

Andrew

Hi David,
Not a problem. No obvious glitches.
Yours,
Andrew
Yours,

Andrew

David

@Andrew, thanks for letting me know!

David.