News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Signals

Started by Chris, November 04, 2008, 03:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hi David.

Great to see signals added for Z scale. A couple of comments though.

1. The part number is +huge+ and remains the same irrespective of signal size to the point that, when the signal is small the number completely overwrites it. Could it be reduced to teh same size as track part numbers?

2. The 'normal size really is too big to the point that with 25mm track centres the arm goes right over the adjacent track.

3. Is there any chance that 4606 and 4607 can be added? (The icons for 4406/7 can be used, which is what I am doing.)

Haven't checked any other the other updates but having proper signals is great.

With best wishes,
Chris.
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________

David

Hi Chris,

1. You are right about the part numbers.
We'll try to repair that as soon as possible of course!

2. They are quite big for sure, but they might look quite nice when rotated 90 degrees (in my opinion). But that's why we have introduced the 'small' function.

3. I suppose you mean the 4806 and 4807 Viessmann distant signals Z scale? We'll add them.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Chris

Thanks David.

Having had another look, I see, for semaphores at least, that the 48xx series (Z) are identical sized as the 44xx (N) ones - hence the fact that they appear a bit large. They are fine small. So, for the time being I will use the N scale ones on my layout. Certainly a lot better than my crude attempts to re-create the standard black symbols that I found on the web.

All the best,
Chris.
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________

David

Viessmann Z signals 4806 and 4807 have been added in version 3.16.1.

Also, the size of the part number on the signals has been decreased a bit!

David.

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.