News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Downsizing Chehalis WA.

Started by Capt. Brigg, October 21, 2019, 04:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Brigg

I've received many great suggestions on this forum and am hoping for a couple more. In my version of Chehalis WA, I went a little crazy and added a lot more yard tracks than exist in reality. Not the usual problem when modeling a real location. Also I put all the town's industries at the front of the layout where it will be hard to do switching behind the structures. I'm trying to figure out how to move the structures back between the orange colored main line and the yellow yard tracks and remove one or two of the yard tracks while keeping the industries at the top and bottom of town serviced. Modified CAD plans are welcome.

Secondly, and less important is a "Y" track at the upper level town of Morton. A look at Morton, WA in Google Maps shows the existence of the the Y at the lumber yard. While not critical for operations, I really like the idea and have walked this track several times. Even with 18" radius curves and an extension over the top of the staging ladder, I can not fit the whole thing into the corner space. Thanks in advance for any ideas and modified AnyRail files. I will be watching.
Capt. Brigg Franklin: CEO; Pacific Cascade Railway, in HO gauge:
http://www.pacificcascaderailway.com/
Capt. Brigg Franklin
USCG Licensed Marine Officer
ASA Certified Sailing Instructor
Certified crazy train chaser
Pacific Cascade Ry in HO