News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

stumped

Started by N Scale Pete, March 25, 2013, 09:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N Scale Pete

Every time I try to download the user objects, my program locks up and I have to force quit and restart it. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any advice?

Peter

David

Have you updated to version 5.6.0 of AnyRail?

In some cases it might take quite a while to download all the items.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

N Scale Pete

Pretty sure I have that version. I just bought the program last week.

Mike from CT

1. Open Anyrail,
2. Select File
3. Select Help (Your version will be shown in the main panel)
If it's not 5.6.0. (which was released two days ago)
4. Select Check for Updates

N Scale Pete

I do need to upgrade. 5.5 looks like 5.6 with dirty glasses.

Lets see if that fixes the object update issue

Mike from CT

Quote from: N Scale Pete on March 30, 2013, 04:32:44 AM
I do need to upgrade. 5.5 looks like 5.6 with dirty glasses.

Lets see if that fixes the object update issue

Be happy.  At my age cleaning my glasses doesn't help. ;)  <-- me squinting, not winking (If I picked the emoticon I think I picked, anyway.)

N Scale Pete

Sometimes just getting up and walking away from the computer helps too. It downloaded the objects in about 15 minutes. Took a while for the first download to work given how many there are.

Just what I needed, new toys to play with.   ;D

RhB_HJ

There was one nice surprise this week, went to the optometrist (a very cute lady  ;)  8)) My eyesight hasn't changed i.e. no new bi-focals. However I needed something in between the close and distant values. Strictly for computering, modeling and operating trains - how do you like that? So there goes another $300 spent on the hobby.  ::)  :o :o  The light at the LARGE layout isn't really up to snuff, but I'll wait 'til some of the scenery goes in, then I tell my friend that it's time for more and better light. Would be a pity if good scenery has to dwell in eternal twilight, wouldn't it?  ::) ;D ;D
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

Mike from CT

For some folks, it's always one date on their layout and layout is detailed down to that date (car lube dates, etc.)  Maybe your friend always runs the same one hour around twilight?

Railhead_x

Quote from: RhB_HJ on March 30, 2013, 10:28:26 PMThere was one nice surprise this week, went to the optometrist (a very cute lady  ;)  8)) My eyesight hasn't changed i.e. no new bi-focals. However I needed something in between the close and distant values. Strictly for computering, modeling and operating trains - how do you like that? So there goes another $300 spent on the hobby.  ::)  :o :o  The light at the LARGE layout isn't really up to snuff, but I'll wait 'til some of the scenery goes in, then I tell my friend that it's time for more and better light. Would be a pity if good scenery has to dwell in eternal twilight, wouldn't it?  ::) ;D ;D

Here in the states, you can get what are called readers from $5 to $9.00, depending on where you shop. they come in diopters (strengths),
from .150 (very weak), to .350 Strong,in  .25 diopter steps
(ie. 150,175, 200, 225, 250 etc)
ask your optician what your diopter is then get the next size up.
I paid the $300.00 for my first set,scratched the lens, and was told I'd need another pair ... At an additional $300.00.
Walking out of the opticians I saw a rack of readers on sale for $3.99.
Picked up a couple of pairs, so I'd have something just in case.
That was over 30 years ago. I'm now past  78  and can still see just as well
using the readers as I did with the rip off prices at the opticians.

$110.00 UP....just for the frames?? Gimme a break! The readers had the same exact frames, and a few different choices.
 And you get to try them on, and actually see if they'll work for you, before you get stuck with glasses

Now I'm not putting down Ophthalmologists.. They are 4 YEAR medically trained DOCTORS, with the ability  to spot diseases and other sight threatening causes. and they can prescribe medications.

I'm speaking about the "opticians" in the Big box stores with  training in how to measure for glasses! They get a 1- or 2-year degree, certificate, or diploma! 

A certificate???  a diploma???   A car mechanic gets a certificate,
 for things like electrical, or tire changing.

Opticians, can refer you to an Ophthalmologists, for things they know nothing about, and just know how to sell you expensive glasses.

An Ophthalmologist, can do surgery, an Optician can't.
(Well legally anyway.) but they still operate under the
impression of "Eye Doctor"

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/eye-doctors-optometrists-ophthalmologists