News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Double Garage HO Layout

Started by RedDingo, March 31, 2013, 08:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedDingo

Hi All, been a while since I was on........

Unfortunately I have had to abandon yet another layout. I have lived in my house for about 18 months, and have had no problems, however a recent storm has flooded underneath, and totally destroyed everything, including my office.

To build under the house, would take upwards of $60,000 in waterproofing, concrete & construction, just to give me an area to work with.

So, the new plan is to construct a double garage, with a sliding door instead of roller doors at one end. At just under $10,000 including the concrete, this is within budget again.

So here is what I am toying with. Any alterations are welcomed, I just want to run trains at the moment, and with about 150 lengths of flex, 100 odd box cars, about 30 passenger cars, as well as over a dozen Dash 8's and AC4400's (that now need full rebuilds/cleaning) ready to go, I am staying with HO Scale.

Regards, Marc.

I think I'm the most indecisive Man on the Planet - But then again I'm not so sure....