News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 5.7

Started by David, May 04, 2013, 03:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi all!

This new version has the following improvements:
- Smoothen Flex function. Right-click a flex to let AnyRail decide on a nice curve.
- Create Helix function. Right click on a single unconnected curve (or curved flex), set the parameters and let AnyRail create a helix for you.
- Shorter startup time. The startup time should be about halved.
- When adding to existing track by SHIFT-clicking elements in the track library, the best fit is determined for double plated track as well now.

The following track libraries have been updated or improved:
- G Aristocraft (split up into three separate libraries)
- G Bachmann (15cm pieces added to crossing)
- N Fleischmann (crossing length)
- N Kato Unitrack (crossover piece can now properly be subdivided into sections)
- H0 Roco 2.5mm (old 4 digit part numbers added in descriptions)

Bugfix:
- Surfaces with the 'Background' check box set are now really drawn in the background.

The  manuals have not been updated yet for the new functions.

Have fun!

David.

Version 5.7.1 solves an issue with Windows XP
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Mike from CT

Set Helix:  AWESOME!!!!!!

Thanks.

WO W

Yet another superb upgrade! Keep up the good work.
Steve

AlanUS

Hi David,

Thank you for the quick fix related to Win XP !

Alain
N-scale Canada/US - DCC Uhlenbrock IB II + Railroad Train Controller

glakedylan

thanks David and all the people responsible for the continued updates. it only gets better with each one. much appreciation!
Gary L Lake Dillensnyder

CharlesR

I thought I'd post my question here since this is discussing the topic I'm having issues with even though the topic is old.  I wanted to create a Helix with Lionel O track.  I set up a circle, not connected and tried the helix command.  It's greyed out.  That happened whether I use one piece of track or more.
My version is 5.18.2 and I see that version 5.7 is supposedly available but the only version for download is, 5.18.2 that I can find.  My update says there are no newer versions.
So, the question, What am I doing wrong here?

CharlesR

Well, I'm replying to myself because now it seems to work.  So, never mind.

David

5.18.x is newer than 5.7.
Sorry for the confusion.

To create a helix, select a disconnected piece of curved track, and click the 'Create helix' function.

The curved piece may also be a bit of flex, but only after you've applied the 'Create curve' function on it.

David.

Mac

David;
How does one find out what version of AnyRail one has?
Mac

Mike from CT

Mac:

1) Open Any Rail
2) Select "File" from Menu bar

The version is on the right side of page, first line under "About Anyrail"

The current version is 5.18.2

Spike

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

My registered AnyRail is currently at 4.20.0 EN. I haven't been able to upgrade past this. Every time I try I get an install error. I'm afraid to delete the whole install to start fresh because I don't want to mess up my license.

I'm running win 7 pro 64 bit.

Oh any my info says my license is valid for versions 4 and 5

Thanks, Martin

David

If the automatic update doesn't work, you can also just download and install the latest trial version from our website.
It will pick up the license automatically, and if it doesn't, you can re-register.

David.