News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Deleting part of a line - is it possible?

Started by Bert Coules, June 12, 2013, 11:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert Coules

Sorry, not a tip but a request for one: having drawn a very elaborate shape I now need to create a gap in the line-border.  Is it possible to delete only part of a line, or do I have to start again?

Many thanks.

David

Hi Bert,

It's not possible to create a gap.
You can add points if you want to make an indentation perhaps, or alternatively you can copy and paste the line and remove the points you don't want.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Bert Coules

David, thanks for the speedy reply.  I suspected that I might have to redraw the whole thing; not to worry.

David

No, don't redraw! Just copy/paste it and remove the first series of points from copy 1, then the last series from copy 2, and shift them in place.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Bert Coules

David,

Happily, I thought of that - or something very like it - myself just before I started to redo the whole thing.  Thanks again for your help.

santerdam

An other trick, I sometimes use, is to draw a short extra line. Set the width of that line a bit larger. Position that extra line on the position where you want the gap, put the extra line in foreground, adjust the lenght and next set the color to white.

That way you are hiding a part of the very elaborate shape, the result looks like a gap.

Sander

Bert Coules

Sander: ingenious solution.  Many thanks.