News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

LGB track - wrong radii

Started by Laco, November 18, 2008, 10:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laco

Hi,

I have just bought AnyRail and it is very nice software ;D. I, however, have small problem with the radii of LGB track. According to my information they should be R1 - 600mm, R2 - 780mm, R3 - 1195mm, R5 - 2320mm. AnyRail shows different values for R2, R3 and R5. Would you please check this? It would nice to have the complete LGB track assortment as some pieces (uncoupler, track bumper) are missing.
Another question is to be able to create own track library.

Many thanks for information
Laco

David

Hello Laco,

Thanks for letting us know. Apparently a different source was used when this library was created.
We'll check it as soon as possible.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

David

Indeed, there seems to be some inconsistency in the sources we've used.

We'll arrange for a small intermediate update. It might take few days though.

David.

P.S. About creating your own track: we do not support that because track geometry is a complicated thing in most cases. We rather hear our user's wishes and add libraries and missing parts ourselves so everyone can use them.

Laco

Hello David,

I do not want to be a troublemaker but if there is some inconsistency in radii then the turnouts might need some attention as well.
I do understand the point about own libraries and agree with the approach.

Laco
Laco

David

We have now checked with the information in the LGB catalog, and we've corrected a few things. However, it does not make the examples in the catalog fit 100%.

However, this is one of the libraries where we do not own the actual track to measure it, so it's difficult for us to make sure.

Could you point out what's wrong with the turnouts before we release this new version?

David.

Laco

Hello David,

I have nothing in particular with the turnouts. I, however, will try some tests and let you know asap about the findings.

Laco
Laco

Laco

Hello David

I have done a small test. The curved pieces and the turnouts should form a circle. If you look at the biggest circle the difference is evident.

Laco
Laco

Laco

Hello David,

Thanks for the changes in LGB tracks. As you wrote there is something wrong with the geometry data as I too am unable to replicate the examples in the LGB catalog :-(. I might get hold of some track pieces to measure them. In this case I would like to know what dimensions exactly do you need. Sketch is better than explanation.

Laco
Laco

David

Hi Laco,

Indeed, LGB is quite hard to find around here (at least on short notice).

When you can get hold of the curved track, we're interested in the precise length of both the inner and outer rail.
For straight track, we only need the length.

For turnouts, it's more complicated. When you have them, and find any discrepancies with the definitions in AnyRail, please let me know, because as you say a sketch is a lot easier to describe what data we need for them.

David.