News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 5.9

Started by David, September 10, 2013, 03:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hello all,

After a long and hot summer (at least in Europe), there's a new update of the software.

Here's the list of externally visible changes:

- The recent file list now has a context menu. Click the right mouse button on an item and see how it works.
- When downloading new user objects, a report is created, and you can even cancel! Of course if your user objects are current, nothing much happens.
- The whole thing of drawing lines and turning them into surfaces later has been altered. Now you should choose up front if it's going to be a line or a surface. This makes the process a lot simpler. Of course you can still change a line into a surface and v.v. in case you change your mind.
- A splash screen is added. Annoying perhaps, but at least it prevents you from opening AnyRail twice when at first nothing seems to happen. It can be switched off in File/Options.

Some bugs have been fixed such as the situation where AnyRail would sometimes not start up after manually deleting a file.

Have fun!

David.

5.9.2 Solves a redraw issue that occurred when quickly dragging around track.
5.9.3 Solves Undo issue when dragging surface points.Improved performance. Less memory usage.
5.9.4 Solves a problem with local user objects.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

SOCAL-Man

Just downloaded the update, went smooth. However, AnyRail now crashes every single time I try to insert a line or surface. Happens in every one of several layout files I have. Windows Vista OS. Been flawless up to today.

David

Thanks for letting me know!
I've sent you a reply through our support email.

David.

SOCAL-Man

And I just replied with a file attached where the issue happens. Thanks for the fast response. Everything else seems to work fine, I am just not able to add and lines, etc. to a layout.

David

Version 5.9.1 should resolve this problem.

David.

SOCAL-Man

And indeed it does!! To say I am impressed by your service is an understatement of the decade!!  Thanks!!

Bill in SOCAL

David

Hi Bill, I'm glad to hear that!
Have fun designing your layout.

David.

David

5.9.2 Solves a redraw issue that occurred when quickly dragging around track.

David.

Janbouli

When will Anyrail work with Win 8.1 David?

David

Yes, it should. But to be honest we haven't tried yet.

David.

Jeff

Installation issue with 5.9.4

Running the install from the updater results in an error message saying "installation interrupted" and something about an (unspecified) error. Then I manually erased the AnyRail folder contents and downloaded from the main server. Same error and installation stops.

Windows Vista 64 Ultimate fully up to date.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

David

Could you please try from this alternative link:
www.anyrail.com/download_area/AnyRailEN5.9.4.msi

David.

Jeff

Ok, the alternate link worked.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

Nick the Cabin Boy

Scroll-wheel zooming

Since installing AR5.9, I've noticed that zooming using the mouse scroll wheel is MUCH slower.  Previously, the movement was almost instantaneous, now it can take several seconds.  The result for me is that I zoom too far, thinking that I wasn't holding down CTRL properly and therefore repeating the movement.

I'm using Windows 7.

Nick
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

David

Hi Nick,

Is this the latest version 5.9.4?
Between 5.9.3 and 5.9.4 an optimization was done for text handling.

David.