News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Have you considered an android version of AnyRail

Started by naviga, September 25, 2013, 08:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naviga

Hello!
Often when I travel, I get ideas for track plans, but I normally only have my tablet with me, and have many times been in need of an android tablet version of AnyRail. Is that something you have considered publishing?
:)

David

I can understand the need, but for now it's not planned.
Do you really want to design, or would an advanced viewer be good enough?

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Bob Bryce

Actually, an advanced viewer would be great in several formats.  I like to open trackplans I see on the forum during my breaks at work, but can't because I don't have Anyrail at work.

naviga

Yes, I will like to be able to design, so I can try out the idea. I travel a lot to and from work, and get ideas from magazines, the real world, internet and other. But I have often forgot the idea when I get to my computer  :-\

A viewer will also be nice to have..... to start whit.  :D   

BritsTukker

Quote from: naviga on September 26, 2013, 04:01:27 PM
I travel a lot to and from work, and get ideas from magazines, the real world, internet and other. But I have often forgot the idea when I get to my computer  :-\     

You could always resort to pencil and paper like the rest of us....... ;) ;)

Jeff

Naviga,

Consider finding yourself an app that allows free-hand drawing. This won't hook into AnyRail, of course, but will allow you to doodle in a saveable form so that you can transfer the idea when you get home. Many drawing packages allow you to import screen shots, so that you can carry a picture of the current state of your layout design with you. That avoids forgetting exactly how your design looks when you last worked on it. I don't have your work problem, so I haven't looked at more than a few apps, but what I've seen makes it quite possible to do it this way.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

camel_too

Like you, I frequently take an Android tablet with me and a "Super Viewer" would fit my needs when visiting friends / club / family.

In the absence of that, I print to .PDF and compile a PDF view containing the baseboards, track layouts on levels, parts list and snapshots of 3D views.

Not as good as a super viewer, but definitely a useful workaround.

camel_too