News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Keyboard locale with 5.11 [Solved / Fugitive]

Started by AlanUS, December 26, 2013, 02:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanUS

Hello,

With the new release 5.11.3, where language can now be selected from Preferences, localization doesn't work for the keyboard.

I have a French OS, with French keyboard, and have selected French as the language to run AnyRail. However, when inputting text with AnyRail, my keyboard is interpreted as a US (or alike) keyboard.
N-scale Canada/US - DCC Uhlenbrock IB II + Railroad Train Controller

David

Hi Alan,

Was your keyboard interpreted as a French (AZERTY?) one with the previous version?

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

AlanUS

Quote from: David on December 26, 2013, 02:17:01 PM
Was your keyboard interpreted as a French (AZERTY?) one with the previous version?
Yes, this is an AZERTY keyboard, and it was interpreted as such.
But I've just re-selected French as a language, stopped and re-launched AnyRail, and everything is back to normal .... Maybe a glitch following update on an existing configuration.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

N-scale Canada/US - DCC Uhlenbrock IB II + Railroad Train Controller

vistisen

Where else can you get this level of support at Christmas? :)

Mike from CT

Quote from: vistisen on December 26, 2013, 05:35:33 PM

I expect in most of the Asian countries.  Probably a good reason for David to offshore the support function....

And I thought only we Americans tended to forget there was a lot more to the world than just ourselves.

(No criticism intended, just a gentle reminder - and the support around here *is* unparalleled, 24/7/365.)

Jeff

"
"

The North Pole comes to mind.... :D

" and the support around here *is* unparalleled, 24/7/365.)"

Except in the middle of summer vacation weeks :) ;)
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

RhB_HJ

Are you guys prepping your New Year's resolutions???
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

Mike from CT

Quote from: RhB_HJ on December 26, 2013, 11:25:00 PM
Are you guys prepping your New Year's resolutions???

Actually, I prepped and posted mine - but on a political forum.  Posting them here really would be the work of the .   ;D

This is the place where we create imaginary worlds (subject to the real world's laws of physics, of course.  It's a much better world.  Of course it'd be  better still of the laws of physics didn't apply, either.....
:)

BritsTukker

Quote from: Mike from CT on December 27, 2013, 03:02:02 AM
This is the place where we create imaginary worlds (subject to the real world's laws of physics, of course.  It's a much better world.  Of course it'd be  better still of the laws of physics didn't apply, either..... :)

Who says the laws of physics apply?
If you look at the tight curves on some of the layouts, then clearly centrifugal forces and gravity are not allowed for in the designs, and clearly some of the derailments will only be accessible to gravity-free operators who float above the layout......  :D ;D ;)

RhB_HJ

Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

Mike from CT

Quote from: BritsTukker on December 27, 2013, 10:08:05 PM
Quote from: Mike from CT on December 27, 2013, 03:02:02 AM
This is the place where we create imaginary worlds (subject to the real world's laws of physics, of course.  It's a much better world.  Of course it'd be  better still of the laws of physics didn't apply, either..... :)

Who says the laws of physics apply?
If you look at the tight curves on some of the layouts, then clearly centrifugal forces and gravity are not allowed for in the designs, and clearly some of the derailments will only be accessible to gravity-free operators who float above the layout......  :D ;D ;)

Piffle, all you need for that is the ability to imitate the late, great Muhammad Ali/Cassius Clay and float like a butterfly.  (Stinging like a bee is optional).  But the ability to reach *through* obstacles like scenery or walls to get to the derailment, now that's a skill only a very few have mastered. ;D :)

Jeff

"Are you guys prepping your New Year's resolutions??? " -H-J

Oh, yeah! I resolved to lose wait. So far it hasn't worked out too well- I'm still waiting for Apple's iTunes store to get back online. The section that redeems prepaid cards seems to have crashed under the load of the Christmas rush... It keeps telling me that it's temporarily unavailable and to check back in a few hours!
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It