News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Loft plan HO

Started by Andrew, December 03, 2008, 10:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

HI All,
Now that the garage is nearly finished and that I have the internal measurements. I've been working on the layout with more seriously.
I'm not happywith the engine siding, oil refinery and goods yards. So any comments/ suggestions are welcome.
The 45 degree roof pitch doesn't help things as well as the internal wall starts at 1130mm high.
Andrew
Yours,

Andrew

Jeff

The only thing that is wrong (barring any mention of what you felt was wrong) is that it looks rather anemic if you actually intend to model any freight movements. Perhaps if you shave a little off the open space at that corner and expand the shelf of the rear side of the layout to the right of the goods yard, to use as more space to expand, it would give you space for some needed trackage.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

Chris

Initially I thought your plan was quite complex but, on closer analysis, essentially you have a long double track main line. with a few side tracks at the loco servicing facility. My main criticisms would be with the long tunnel and the two, presumably passenger, stations. For the latter, I would suggest adding two passing loops so that your freight trains can run through while passenger trains are waiting in the platforms. (Whether you use two island platforms or just two platforms on the loops is not particularly important.)

Re the very long tunnel: at the top of the drawing I would suggest making it high level (though I appreciate that this may not be possible with your sloping combs coming so low), moving the sidings inwards slightly to clear the outer tracks, so that it is visible behind the main area of interest (which would now be at the lower level).

You've certainly got a good long mainline there which will get rid of the impression of tail chasing.

Hope that helps.

Chris.
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________