News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Language versions

Started by David, February 17, 2014, 08:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi all!

You may have noticed that apart from the 5 base languages that we support (English, German, French, Spanish and Dutch), you can set the language to a selection of other languages.

Currently, we would still like to add translations for:
Bulgarian
Czech
Greek
Hungarian
Korean
Portuguese
Turkish

If you want to give it a shot, please send an email to info@anyrail.com.
Of course you'll get a free license if you help us.

Thanks a lot in advance!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

David

In the meantime, thanks to the very kind and helpful Takashi Toda, we have a first version of the Japanese translation for AnyRail! I think it's wonderful.

Also, for the Greek translation, we've found a translator. He's currently working on it.

If you wish to help translating the software to:
Bulgarian, Czech, Hungarian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian or Turkish, please let me know!

David.

Dmitry Kudryashov

Quote from: David on May 04, 2015, 05:26:36 PM... If you wish to help translating the software to:
Bulgarian, Czech, Hungarian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian or Turkish, please let me know!

David.
EN: Hello, David!
Thank you for your program - I'm currently studying it, but I really like it.

A small suggestion about the translation into Russian of menu items in the menu section for working with Flex track:
1. Name of menu item in English: Curve flex, existing Russian translation: Кривой гибкий рельс, proposed translation: Радиусный гибкий рельс;
2. Name of the menu item in English: Easement flex, existing Russian translation: Загнуть гибкий рельс, proposed translation: Переходная кривая из гибкого рельса.

P. S. I directly "fell in love" with the Netherlands - visited you already 4 times. The first city that visited the Netherlands was Arnhem in 2011 (then there was still a reconstruction of the station and station) - a week lived in Oosterbeek.

Yours faithfully,
              Dmitry Kudryashov.

NL: Hallo, David!
Dank u voor uw programma - studeer ik het, maar het heeft me heel erg.

Een kleine suggestie voor de vertaling in het Russisch van menu-items in de sectie menu om te werken met Flex spoor:
1. De naam van het menu in het Engels: Curve flex, bestaande vertaling naar het Russisch: Кривой гибкий рельс, voorgenomen overdracht: Радиусный гибкий рельс;
2. De naam van het menu in het Engels: Easement flex, bestaande vertaling in het Russisch: Загнуть гибкий рельс, voorgestelde overdracht: Переходная кривая из гибкого рельса.

P. S. ik net gedaan, "viel in liefde" in Nederland - hebben er 4 keer geweest. De eerste stad die Arnhem in Nederland bezochten was in 2011 (toen was er nog een reconstructie van het station en het station):

123670886 by Dmitriy Kudryashov, on Flickr
- een week woonde in Oosterbeek.

Met vriendelijke groet,
              Dmitry Kudryashov.

RU: Здравствуйте, David!
Спасибо за Вашу программа - я сейчас её изучаю, но она уже мне очень нравится.

Небольшое предложение по поводу переводу на русский язык пунктов меню в разделе меню для работы с Flex track:
1. Название пункта меню на английском языке: Curve flex, существующий перевод на русский: Кривой гибкий рельс, предлагаемый перевод: Радиусный гибкий рельс;
2.  Название пункта меню на английском языке: Easement flex, существующий перевод на русский: Загнуть гибкий рельс, предлагаемый перевод: Переходная кривая из гибкого рельса.

P. S. Я прямо таки "Влюбился" в Нидерланды - бывал у вас уже 4 раза. Первый город который посетил в Нидерландах был Арнем в 2011 г. (тогда там ещё шла реконструкция вокзала и станции) - неделю жил в Oosterbeek.

С уважением,
              Дмитрий Кудряшов.
I apologize for the English - a transfer is from Russian into English made by means of an online translator of PROMT

David

Thanks for the kind words about our little country. Indeed Oosterbeek is nice, and the Arnhem station is finally finished now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpO94H4kMQc

Thanks also for the improved translations.

Is it possible to make them still slightly shorter somehow? Now they'll take up a lot of space in the drop down menu.

Dmitry Kudryashov

Quote from: David on May 15, 2017, 09:21:24 PM... Is it possible to make them still slightly shorter somehow? ...
EN:
Yes, David - it is possible and shorter.
In Russian they use the "tracing-paper" of the word flex - флекс.
It is quite possible such options:
Curve flex = Радиусный флекс / Радиусный flex
Easement flex = Переходная кривая.

NL:
Ja, David - kan korter zijn.
De Russische taal gebruikt de "tracing" woorden flex - flex.
Het is mogelijk de volgende opties:

RU:
Да, David - можно и короче.
В русском языке используют "кальку" слова flex - флекс.
Вполне возможны такие варианты:
I apologize for the English - a transfer is from Russian into English made by means of an online translator of PROMT

David

TodaProduction

Hi David,
A Happy New Year,  and congratulations for the release of AnyRail 6.12.

I have one request.
Please give me the latest AnyRail default language file, perhaps it is ARTextsEN.txt, I think.
I'd like to modify the Japanese file for the latest AnyRail, but since the existing ARTextsJA.txt is old, it makes it difficult to recognize the string added by the latest AnyRail.

Best regards,

Takashi Toda

David

Hi Takashi,

Thanks for the offer! I've sent you the relevant files by email.

TodaProduction

Hi David,

Thank you for sending the files.

I checked two files by loading them into my own program.
As a result, the following was found out.

There were 762 rows in REF and 763 rows in JA, excluding comment lines and empty lines.
JA includes the row of  [[STRAIGHT_RECTIFIER]] that is not found in REF. Can I delete this row?

Also there were 4 rows of duplicates in JA.

IDS_SHOW_CLEARANCE
IDS_SHOW_CLEARANCE
IDS_TOP
IDS_TOP

Due to duplication of IDS_SHOW_CLEARANCE, the translated character string could not be displayed in the latest version AnyRail.
Perhaps IDS_SHOW_CLEARANCE of REF was changed to IDS_MIN_CLEARANCE in the past.

I changed one line to IDS_MIN_CLEARANCE according to the description of REF, so I can display the translated character string in the future.

However, duplicate rows still remain IDS_TOP, and this duplication also exists in the REF. At the moment both are same translation, so there is no problem, but if you change one of the two IDS_TOPs to another KEY in the future, the problem that the translated character string will not be displayed will recur. I want you to tell me what to do.

I thought about consulting by e-mail, but I wrote to this forum as this problem may be related to translators of other languages.

Best regards,

Takashi Toda

David

Thanks for your notes.

STRAIGHT_RECTIFIER cannot be removed. It should have been in REF as well.

Indeed, in the Japanese file the first occurance of IDS_SHOW_CLEARANCE should read IDS_MIN_CLEARANCE.

Nice that you spotted the two occurances of IDS_TOP.
The first one is the 'top' of the page, as opposite to 'bottom'.
The second one is the 'top light', in the 3D view.
It seems the Japanese translations are different. Is that correct?

I'll change the second IDS_TOP to IDS_TOP_LIGHT in one of the next updates.

Thanks again!

TodaProduction

Hi David,

Thank you for the clear answer. According to your answer, I will leave [[STRAIGHT_RECTIFIER]] without deleting it from the Japanese file.
Also, I changed the first IDS_SHOW_CLEARANCE to IDS_MIN_CLEARANCE and changed the second IDS_TOP to IDS_TOP_LIGHT. In the next version of AnyRail, I expect that these strings will be displayed correctly.

By the way, I have another question.
If you use AnyRail in Japanese, the display of FILE tab of ribbon interface is blank. This phenomenon also occurs when switching the language file to (RO). Does AnyRail refer to IDS_FILE in the program?

Also, if you check the latest version with AnyRail and there is no new version, the result notification message will always be written in English.

I certainly believe that previous AnyRail was able to display this message in Japanese. Does the latest version of AnyRail refer to CPP_UP_TO_DATE in the program? Perhaps the external library of the update check may not handle the arguments passed from AnyRail well, is it?

Best regards,
Takashi Toda

David

Hi Takashi,

Thanks for the observations!

What's your Windows version? Here, on Windows 10, the FILE tab is not blank.

The updater comes from a 3rd party. From what I understand, it uses the Windows language settings, there is no parameter from AnyRail involved there.

TodaProduction

Hi, David

I am still using 64 bit Windows 7. And my latest AnyRail 6.12.3 is running on Windows classic theme. (I do not like the recent flat design theme, I like classical themes very much since the age of Windows 95.  ;))

Strangely, if I run AnyRail 5.25.2 in this environment, the file tab will show "file" in Japanese. Even if the language file is switched to (RO), the character string will be displayed in the same way. I thought that AnyRail got this string by referring to the value of IDS_FILE.

I'd like to install AnyRail on another Windows 10 machine (for my family) that is in the living room to make sure the file tab does not become blank. Is there any license restriction on installing AnyRail on two machines?

I understand that it is the specification at the present time that the message is always written in English as a result of the update check. Since it is not displayed so frequently, I think that it will not be a big problem.

Best regards,
Takashi Toda

petertse

Hello David, I am a new AnyRail user base in Hong Kong since purchased it in February, which is a very good and efficient tool to plan for a layout. I have introduced most of my friend to use it, but some of those are not familiar in English but using Traditional Chinese, I did a translated ARTextsTC.txt attempt to import it as an additional language for AnyRail but seems not working, could you let me know how this can be done? Thank you! -- Peter.

David

@Peter: sorry for the slow reply, I'm in Australia for a short holiday. Could you please send us the translation file, then it can be added to a future release of the software.
It probably won't work without some alterations to the internals of the  software.