News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 5.14

Started by David, March 28, 2014, 01:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi all!

Version 5.14 has:
- New libraries for Micro Engineering N gauge Code 55 and 70.
- Updated libraries for Peco Setrack N, Peco OO Code 100.
- Language files for Italian and Romanian (pick the language via File/Options/Languages).
- Various bugfixes.

An experimental (not yet documented) new feature shows whether endpoints are opposite or aligned.
This can be useful to see if a straight would fit between the endpoints.
Select the first endpoint and hover the second. In the status bar you'll see the distance between the points, and additionally an 'O' (for opposite, meaning the endpoints point in opposite directions), and an 'A', meaning the endpoints are fully aligned, so a straight would make a perfect fit.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Future-Digital

David,

Sounds really great. I like the align feature even before I can try it.

Any way to "extend" the feature to make it permanently ON? So that one doesn't have to click and hover?

How about height, is that covered in the align?

I'll try it soon.

Thanks.

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

Dragonfly

Surely you need to click and hover so the program knows what it's checking against. It can't say whether something is opposite or aligned unless it knows "opposite WHAT?"