News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Summer time ... and the living is easy. Oh yeah, really.

Started by RhB_HJ, July 09, 2014, 03:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhB_HJ

Yep, summer arrived, 34º C today with a high UV index. In clear text I'm out there at 06:00 working like a beaver before it gets hot and while there's shade where I'm working.
As long as I'm done by the time the next FIFA World Cup match starts I'm in good shape.

Special note for Mike .... more rocks, gravel and crusher fines have been acquired. But at the moment I'm completing projects to get SWMBO's garden features in shape, she has her heart set on being on the garden tours next year. ::)   :o   ???
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

glakedylan

enjoy, HJ!
summer is a wonderful time...
kindest regards
Gary

Mike from CT

Quote from: RhB_HJ on July 09, 2014, 03:17:14 AM
Yep, summer arrived, 34º C today with a high UV index. In clear text I'm out there at 06:00 working like a beaver before it gets hot and while there's shade where I'm working.
As long as I'm done by the time the next FIFA World Cup match starts I'm in good shape.

Special note for Mike .... more rocks, gravel and crusher fines have been acquired. But at the moment I'm completing projects to get SWMBO's garden features in shape, she has her heart set on being on the garden tours next year. ::)   :o   ???

Now that I'm an authority on Scottish fortresses (we saw 3 and missed a bazillion or so) I'd like to point out that they used less rock than you are and they're in 1:1 scale.

As for SWMBO, where in the dickens is she going to plant anything, besides moss given your uncontrolled rockaphilia?

RhB_HJ

Well, we all know how thrifty the Scots are and that goes to how much rock they'll "steal" from the landscape. If they use too much, all their mountains (highlands) would be flat lands.
Lots of space, still, for planting.
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display

Mike from CT

Quote from: RhB_HJ on July 28, 2014, 04:16:30 PM
Well, we all know how thrifty the Scots are and that goes to how much rock they'll "steal" from the landscape. If they use too much, all their mountains (highlands) would be flat lands.
Lots of space, still, for planting.

Sounds like there's a lesson there for someone who's busy turning the Rocky Mountains into the Rocky Gullies, huh?  Nature, the Colorado River and millions of years has nothing on a model railroader with an urge to recreate the entire Swiss Alps 1:20 scale in his backyard and nothing else to do with his time between FIFA World Cups.... ;D