News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 5.16

Started by David, August 25, 2014, 11:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi all,

After a long and rainy summer, here's a fresh update for AnyRail.

New track libraries are:
- Standard gauge USA Track LLC, and Lionel with and without roadbed
- OO Bachmann Branchline

Updated libraries:
- G Weller
- H0 Kato Unitrack
- FERRO TRAIN
- N Peco Finescale
- The turntable for N KAto Unitrack has been added
- Ross Custom Switches

* A new visual feature has been added to clearly display track ends. You can find it it on the Home tab.You might need to set the endpoint and connection size a bit smaller to see the effect.
* On the user objects tab, a warning has been added that the items have been produced by our users, and may or may not be accurate.

Solved bugs:
- Locked heights and connection flex
- Crash when inputting weird characters in data fields
- Crash when SHIFT-adding some special track elements

Enjoy!

David.

P.S. In the meantime we're working on a few larger additions, but I didn't want to keep you waiting for these improvements.

5.16.1 Fixes an incorrect caption of a dialog window
5.16.2-5 Fixes problems opening older files.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

BobV

David - Thanks for the updated version. Ran into an issue - seems I can't create easement curves with this version. The "set flex curve" menu comes up instead. Can you advise of a fix or ???

Thanks Bob V.

Mike from CT

Quote from: BobV on August 26, 2014, 01:08:28 AM
David - Thanks for the updated version. Ran into an issue - seems I can't create easement curves with this version. The "set flex curve" menu comes up instead. Can you advise of a fix or ???

Thanks Bob V.

I checked.  I'm not having the problem.....

Tom Springer

The "Set Flex Curve" popup you get when clicking on the "Easement flex ..." option is the easement curve setting; when you enter the numbers, you do get an easement curve.   But ... looks like both the Easement Flex option and the Curve Flex option now (5.16) have their popup windows (boxes?) using the same title - both popups appear to be identical in terms of layout/option values, but they do generate different results.  Looking at the old online manual, the Easement Flex popup used to have a different title; perhaps that could be the confusion.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

David

Hi Tom: Indeed, the caption is incorrect.
Version 5.16.1 fixes this.

Thanks!

David.

Tom Springer

David, amazingly quick fixes.  How many clones of you are helping do all this?  :)
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

David

@Tom: I have a few very fast computers :)

David.

Mike from CT

Quote from: David on August 27, 2014, 11:44:24 AM
@Tom: I have a few very fast computers :)

David.

David,

Don't you know you *blame the computers* for the mistakes?  *You* take credit for fixing them.

Trevleyb

Quote from: David on August 25, 2014, 11:48:18 AM
P.S. In the meantime we're working on a few larger additions, but I didn't want to keep you waiting for these improvements.

I'm obviously curious about what the "larger additions" might be. Any ETA on when you will be releasing these or when you'll let us know what they might be?

Jeff

The Standard Answer:

David's crystal ball has been repossessed due to overuse, so he no longer gives predictions. However, mine says that due to the momentous nature of the advances, it will be closer to the spring or summer of next year than it would be to Christmas.

Sorry if that blows your holiday plans, but major improvements need major amounts of work and time. I kinda hoped it would happen this year. I suppose that if the fairy godmother department delivered, it still could, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

David

Haha! Well, there will be a brand new function soon: Export to JMRI.
This will provide you with a perfect starting point for a JMRI Layout Panel.

Major updates are indeed expected a bit later.

David.

Jeff

I do hope thst there will be some kind of comprehensive tutorial of how to set up and use JMRI. I tried looking into it, but I'm sure i didn't get far in making it work.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

PaulB

Jeff,
   For the comprehensive, part, you would need to go to the JMRI website and start studying :).  As for AR and JMRI, AR will generate an XML file that describes your layout in JMRI syntax and so you just open the XML file with PanelPro or Layout Editor and you are 90% there.
The next step would be to convert the Virtual Turnouts to Physical Turnouts within JMRI and then with the proper connection to your layout, you can control turnouts (assuming DCC controlled Turnouts) and control your locomotives (again, assuming DCC).  I can write up how to convert from Virtual to Physical as I am playing with the JMRI code to make this a little easier.
Paul
CEO of the PB&J RR

vistisen

Quote from: Jeff on September 24, 2014, 09:44:53 AM
I do hope thst there will be some kind of comprehensive tutorial of how to set up and use JMRI. I tried looking into it, but I'm sure i didn't get far in making it work.

I have also dabbled with JMRI, I use it together with a SPROG II to program my decoders. But I have to say ( ducks for cover ::)) it is like most Open Source programmes, free , but dammed complicated to use. Knock Microsoft all you want to ( and as a professional Oracle database man, I do frequently) but I',m sorry JMRI it just too much hard work to do simple thing that ought to be bl..dy obvious.

David

Well Tim, true. It's absolutely not as polished as the commercial options.
But they were very helpful, and it's a start into this type of integration.

David.