News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Having a problem with the trace function

Started by Bob Bryce, September 13, 2014, 02:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Bryce

When I turn on the trace function, it appears under some track but not all track.  It doesn't seem to have a common denominator as it works and does not work on various track mfg's, flex or sectional, etc.  When it does work, it works for the entire track section length, then is not visible for the next track section length.

What am I doing wrong here?  Does track height have anything to do with it.  No docs on the trace function yet as far as I can tell.

Bob Bryce

I found it.  The problem was in the height feature.  I turned off a scenery layer and the trace appeared.  Not sure why the trace was not visible with the scenery turned on but the track was?

David

The program determines the drawing order per height: first it draws the trace for where the track will be, then the other items.

So the trace will always be underneath the surface for a certain height. You can either make the surface slightly transparent, lower it a bit, check the 'Background' checkbox for it, or just suppress drawing Lines and Surfaces in the Home tab.

David.

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.