News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Inserting a JPG file

Started by rick112, September 21, 2014, 04:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick112

Is it possible to insert a jpg file into an AnyRail drawing? I want to use it to trace yard work on a map. 

Mike from CT

Yes.

Use the "insert" option on the menu to draw a rectangle.
Then, with the rectangle selected, the menu bar will show an option "Load Image"  (it's the rightmost option.)
Make sure the shape is a background image
Now lay a couple of pieces of track with the appropriate center-to-center distances.
Now play with the size of the image so the tracks in the image match the two pieces of track you laid over it.

You may (okay, you definitely will) have to play with the size of the shape and the image to get something close to scale - and they're adjusted separately, but it can be done.

rick112

Thanks.  I just got it.  I haven't used AnyRail for a while and I've forgotten a few things.

Mike from CT

JoeBaldwin

When I insert a rectangle then click on it, I see no menu allowing me to insert a jpg.

Joe

Vic A

When you click on your rectangle, look to the top right of your screen..... "Load Image" will get you started.