News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Oh Dear!

Started by Jeff, September 23, 2014, 02:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I can see that without my special touch this whole bus is going down the drain. The good news is that I have come into an unexpected bit of cash. I intend to get myself a halfway decent computer (read as laptop). IF I can apply a great deal of willpower, I will hold out until Black Friday. Otherwise, I will be back sooner. What worries me is that I know that if I leave the money sitting in the bank, it will be eaten up by bills  :-* . I don't like that idea. Still, if I wait I may end up with a better machine for the same money.... Sigh...
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

Mike from CT

Quote from: Jeff on September 23, 2014, 02:46:08 PM
I can see that without my special touch this whole bus is going down the drain.

<snip>

It really is.... People designing yards without complete engine terminals..... What's next?  Actually leaving space for scenery and/or operator aisles?

Jeff, we need you.  You'd better get back quickly.  (That part, at least, was serious....  :) )

Jeff

Much appreciated. I'm keeping my eyes on sale circulats, but all i see so far are anemic lumps of plastic with AMD A6 CPU's and 4 gigs of RAM. Then my phone died. That caused the wife to have to deal with at&t's new lease scheme. It left her screaming dire threats at the 'associate' and promising to head straight for Walmart's Straight Talk a.s.a.p. It's a good thing that there weren't any lighters nearby or she would have torched the place. However we did catch something of a deal. I got an LG G3/32 gigs ram and that qualified us for an LG GPad 7" tablet for $0.99. Then i caught an advert on tv from LG and signed up for a free extra battery and charging cradle because i bought the phone. So... I'm happy, even if she isn't :^}
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

Nick the Cabin Boy

And you may or may not have noticed that I haven't been around for a while!

We moved into the new residence 3 weeks ago, but we're still waiting for the phone (and thus the internet) to be connected.  Our ISP has sent us a WiFi dongle thingy, which is not very satisfactory, as we are too far away from the local facility, but at least we can do some stuff.  It's hard to believe that getting changed over when we moved from Tasmania to Victoria took only two days, this time we've only moved 1300 metres and it's taking a month.

In the meantime, planning the layout for the new room has proceeded apace - now just need school holidays to end so I can get back to the bus driving and earn some of the money to pay for it all!

Nick
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

RhB_HJ

Quote from: Jeff on September 23, 2014, 02:46:08 PM
I can see that without my special touch this whole bus is going down the drain. ..............................
And which bus would that be?

Yeah having a decent 'puter should help, if you can connect your big display to it it will be even better.  :P :P
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display