News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

15" Flex track MINIMUM???

Started by GTMills, January 24, 2019, 11:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTMills

Is there any way to change the default minimum allowed for flex track radii in HO and N to less than 15"?  I have HOn30 mining trains running in the real world right now on about HALF that, like 8 "r.  For now I am just using free-style, but I'd really like to be able to use the input boxes to set R and angle.  As it is, when I try to write a radius  of <15" it won't allow it.  Hmm. 

David

Yes, you can set it on the SETTINGS tab, in the Flex group.
The first value is the tightest radius. You can use the other two if you need to check for wider radii as well, for instance on a mainline.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

GTMills

Ah, thanks, now I see the problem:  First I need to check the box for <ALERT ON TOO SHARP RADIUS> so it will let me input new values. 

Also figured out another work-around while designing my light rail trolley track earlier today:  use the <ADD PARALLEL FLEX...> option, and set it for the distance inside an allowed section!   I really like this software, and it is the best way there is to share my finished track plan with others. 

David

Good to hear. Have fun designing your trolley track!
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.