News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Working with height at cross overs

Started by BrianUK, April 03, 2015, 06:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianUK

Hi David

I and others have chatted about this one but the what is in my head is something that went along the lines of an intellegent text box. This box would contain the 'cut track here' segments of two tracks as they pass over each other. The maths would check the clearance and turn red if too close and remain green if it met the perameters in the settings tab. The box would move around with the track as it gets adjusted. I can see the code in VB or Formula stuff if in Excel, but of course that is not the sort of stuff you are dealing with.

Chat some when you are able.

ATB

C.R. Wagus

This would be a useful function but may not be worth the effort if it detracts from developing other requested revisions on the wish list.  I normally use cut flex at the center of the crossover on the upper track and again slightly offset to the side on the lower track.  Clicking on each point and a little math will give the approximate difference in height.  I know this is not exact but at a 2% to 3% slope, the difference in height using this method is close enough.  Works foe me!

Carl