News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Tram layout in HO scale!

Started by AlfTm36, September 07, 2015, 11:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlfTm36

Hi all!

I just want to show you my layout for my Berlin 1920 Project!
I am planning to create a small part of the town with some
old trams moving around in HO scale! The layout is not so big
190cm x 90cm. There are not any double track except some small
meeting tracks! It has 2 loops in both end so the trams can move
around for sometimes if I want! There are also 2 hidden tracks there I can hide trams for sometime before they show up again! The tram depot is on the left side of the plan! The layout has 2 level so I get little more length of track. The connection between them are hidden
and the track move to the right until it disappear in a left curve and begin to climb to next level! it will be visible again just right on the tram depot! Also right to the tram depot one track turn right under the
upper level and have a loop that is hidden!
Most of the buildings will be only the front side and placed in rows
cause of small place!

Hope you like it!

Alf

David

Hi Alf!

What part of Berlin are you going to model?
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

AlfTm36

My idea is to have some of the famous building like Hotel Adlon, that I will scratch build from old photos. Hotel Adlon exist today but it is not the same building as it was in the 1920th and near Brandenburger Tor. Eldorado Nightclub and one of the cinema will be modelled! It will not be a exact copy of central Berlin but you will find some of the buildings and other details that you will recognise from Berlin!

From tram depot the street and tram line go to right end of the layout and then continue to the back side of the layout! A row of small shops and homes in 2 to 3 levels houses will be close to that street in the front! The buildings will mostly be the front of them to reduce space!
The buildings can't be to high cause the track on second level of the layout has to be visual!

If you follow the track from lower level to upper level you will see that the track come close to the front again! Hotel Adlon will be placed on the right side and front on upper level! The building might be about 40cm wide and just behind the track and street!

There the meeting track is on upper level there will be a busy street with cinema, nightclub restaurant, etc!
I use old photos black/white from the time to create buildings and houses but the hard thing is to get the correct colour! Also German tram books about Berlin!

I could have a more realistic layout if I used N scale with more lines and streets but everything would be very very small and less detail!
Ho scale gives more details but not many routes and just a single track and two meeting places! The train will consist of 1 or 2 wagons only!

Alf

AlfTm36

Here is another layout about how the buildings, roads and
tram depot are placed! The hidden tracks are not visual here!
Red is tram depot! Yellow is buildings and black show the roads!
Just some basic ideas about how things can be! On the back of the
scene I wish to have like a panorama image of Berlin in the background!

Alf K