News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 6.1

Started by David, June 08, 2016, 11:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

High all!

I'm very happy with all the positive feedback we received on version 6 of AnyRail.

Of course, there are always things to improve.

In this version, the main focus was on High DPI support. As more and more people have high resolution screens, we thought it would be nice to have a very crisp looking version of AnyRail for that!

Other things that have been fixed:
- The XP version, to be discontinued in 2017, should work again.
- The part numbers were sometimes not displayed, causing confusion.
- The 3D exports were 'mirrored' for some output types. Please note that the Collada export is conforming the 1.4.1 standard, but will often not work with SketchUp. Perhaps you can use MeshLab instead.
- Some weird lines were drawn in some situations in the 2D View.
- User objects for manufacturers with diacritics in the name (Märklin) were not stored to disk properly.
- When using the flex functions (straight/easement), the track was not properly placed.
- Some people did not get a screen refresh going from 3D back to 2D. We could not reproduce this, but hopefully it's fixed.

Have fun!

David.

6.1.1 fixes an error with export to jpg
6.1.2 fixes a problem with flipping flex track 
6.1.3 fixes a problem with flipping unflippable items, and reinstates Walthers turntables
6.1.4 fixes DPI problems with display set to 125%
6.1.5 fixes a problem with Trainplayer export of flex track
6.1.6 no longer allows overwriting a file created with an older version if you don't have a licensed version
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Future-Digital

Morning, David:

I believe I am correct in saying that 6.1 SHOULD have automatically notified me and updated when I launched 6.024. It did NOT.

I have notify and let me update turned on. It did not notify, nor update until I forced it to.

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

David

That depends on your updater settings. Normally it checks only every three days.

Future-Digital

I had it set to daily.

Bill
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx

David

Hi Bill, OK, I'll look into that.