News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 6.2

Started by David, July 16, 2016, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi all!

In this release, one of the main things was to make sure that a locked layer is truly locked, and cannot be changed.
There were some functions where this was not always ensured.

Other things that have been added or updated:
- Short tooltips option. In the options window, you can now choose for the short tooltips or longer ones when hovering track items in the libraries.
- export of tiff format for images.
- O gauge ETS track added.
- Much better performance when downloading user objects.
- Problem with contact/separator track fixed in 3D view.
- Crash related to user objects solved.
- Problem with small buttons for track elements on HI-DPI screens fixed.
- Curved turnout in Peco N scale defined more accurate.
- OO9 Peco libraries updated.
- H0 Märklin M and H0 Mein Gleis minor fixes.
- LUNA tram track libraries ordering changed.

Please enjoy and have a wonderful summer (or winter if you're down under).

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Tom Springer

What is the width of the roadbed shown in V6?  In V5 it was the width of the sleepers, but in V6 it is now wider than the V5 version. 

(I'm Using N-scale track) The V5 roadbed "appears" to be 1.713cm wide and with V6 it "appears" to be 2.12cm ("appears", because this is the best my old eyes wearing trifocals can determine)
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

David

Unless the track system includes its own roadbed, the roadbed width is now calculated using the NEM norms, taking the sleeper length as a starting point. Previously, it was just the sleeper length (being unrealistic, as of course, the sleeper should be completely in the roadbed).

Tom Springer

David, thanks for the update.

NEM 122 says 22mm for roadbed in N-scale.  In the States, cork roadbed is 1-1/8in [28mm] for cork (Midwest being the major supplier) and 1-1/4in [ 31,75mm] for foam (Woodland Scenics).  I have taken to using the Trace option so I could set the "true" width to be correct for the roadbed I use and now ignore the Roadbed option.

Could we hope for a means to set (customize) the roadbed width to match the one(s) used in the States so when printing a layout the roadbed would be shown at the US width?
Tom Springer

Tom Springer

Is the Surface->Line function from V5 gone in V6?  I can't seem to find it.  Found it very useful to convert circles to arcs.
Tom Springer

David

Yes, that function's removed. We had many questions about it and people seemed to get confused a lot!

Tom Springer

Ok, but sad to lose it.  Will revert to V5 to use it in the future.  Surprised to hear people had "issues" with it, very simple and useful.  Made making my own signal heads a lot easier.  Same for a propane storage tank (oval).  Maybe for those having problems with it, a few small examples might have helped them.  Was a nice feature.
Tom Springer

David

What are the exact shapes you'd like to create? Perhaps there's an other quick way, or perhaps we can add some functionality to make it easier.

Tom Springer

My use of surface-> was almost always to convert a circle into a "arc".  Sometimes the resulting 180 degree arc was enough, other times further manipulation to get a smaller arc angle was done, by then mapping a "line" drawn by hand, with "round" points, to approximate/mimic the resulting arc.   [Because the resulting "arc" from surface-> had the 2 "straight legs" and I didn't want them in the final result.]

The (simple) function that AR could provide that would make all of this much easier (for me) would be a simple "Add Arc" just as "curve flex" does with track: allow the user to specify radius and angle and the arc is drawn, similar to the "Add Circle" function.
Tom Springer