News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

No track plan yet.

Started by Vintage64, January 30, 2008, 04:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage64

Here are some iterations of my Ruhr Valley themed HO bench layout. All drawings were made in Google Sketchup (free download) which I highly recommend to anybody trying to find a realistic layout to room size ratio.

Ruhr I:

Ruhr II:

Ruhr III:

Ruhr V:

Ruhr VII:

I completely worked myself into a corner with my first attempt (not shown), so I had to tear everything down again. Today I started building Ruhr VII. Wish me luck.

Best,

Vintage64

ThRuSh

Hello!

Great! I wait for it hardly already, what will turn out from this.

What kind of track set from a supply you plan it?

Good luck,

Thrush

kimbo

The tough thing for you is that you have a very odd shaped room to work with ;)
Kim
Living in: Brussels, Belgium
AnyRail user since: 26/12/2007
Dream layout: HO freelance layout set in an imaginary European country bordering to Belgium, Germany, and Netherlands
Personal site: http://kimmetje.rpgnewworlds.net

David

Personally, I would choose one of the table designs that you easily walk into. Over time, it becomes really annoying if you have to go on all fours to get into your train room, especially with guests (viewers).

Alternatively, you could choose to have a part that you can take out, but even then, when one person wants to leave or enter the room you almost surely have to stop operations.

David.

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Vintage64

Flipped the layout from left to right and smoothed out some lines. Most of it will have a sub-level for staging and reversing.
Sketching the layout as I do, let's me verify clearances and the ability to reach into the furthest corner without performing acrobatics.

David: You must be talking about the top layout. I scratched that a while ago.