News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Square Tiles

Started by Duchess Of Montrose, May 24, 2009, 10:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duchess Of Montrose

Hi David,
I started to "play" with this at the weekend, and I was having some problems moving the tiles.
I pulled down one of the points, turned it through 180 degrees and then did a copy and past of a number of them.  I could then not pick up an individual tile to move it.  This is the same process I used with Peco code 100 points, though it may not be valid for the tiles.  I did find I had to select the tile before I could move it.  I also had to select it before being able to turn it through 180 degrees, is this the same as with normal track?  (I must admit I can't remember and my e-mail machine is different from the machine with Anyrail!)

As I use two machines, I tend not to look at some of the layout design and other items attached in the forum.  Would it be possible to instal Anyrail on 2 machines?  I don't want to purchase a second licence as the retirement pension only goes so far......

Charlie

David

Hello Charlie,

You should be able to drag the tiles as you're used to! However, you should grab them at the track or the line around the tile. Hovering the mouse over the white space within the tile does not select it.

About the license: as long as it's for your own personal use, you may use your license key on a secondary machine.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Chris

Hi Charlie.

I had the same problem after doing a Ctrl-C and then a series of Ctrl-V's. Easily solved by clicking anywhere not on the 'pile' of new tiles. After that I was able to pick any of then by click and drag on a corner. If you don't click away from them, you must note which was the last one to appear and use it first.

With best wishes,
Chris.

[Note.Appalling spelling corrected (I hope).]
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________

David

That's right, a copied item is automatically selected.

David.

santerdam

Copied items are selected, but sometimes it is a little strange.

Example :
- make a text
- select with rubber band and copy with ctr-c
- paste with ctr-v
- the new text is selected, hoover over with your mouse
- give a right mouse-click, you see the menu
- in the menu the text edit functions are gray

You now have to click somewhere else and hoover again over the text to enable the text functions in the menu.

This test can also be done with a normal piece of rail from a library or a line, the grayed functions in the menu are enabled after clicking somewhere else.

Sander

David

Sander,

Indeed, it might look a bit strange. However, the rationale is, that once one or more elements are selected, there's no such thing as 'Edit text'. If you've selected track, a ruler and some text, this is reasonable.

Still, when only one element is selected it might be slightly confusing.

David.