News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Peco points alignment

Started by Dragonfly, May 23, 2009, 01:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Evenin' all,

I've noticed a slight anomaly with the Peco Settrack 100 points, in that it seems the curve sections don't line up right.

If you look at the attached picture, you'll see at the top a standard crossover using Hornby track. Both tracks are aligned with the grid on the left (and would be lined up correctly on the other end too), but with the Peco track (below), which is listed as the same dimensions, they don't line up. The straight section and the straight bit of the point look alright, it's just the curved bits that push them off a tad.

Normally i'd be like "ah, what the heck", but it's knocking my entire layout design off...

David

Good afternoon!

You're right, we made s small correction for this in the Hornby library, and not in the Peco library.

The difference is 0.38mm (0.015").

We'll fix it in the next release.

In the meantime, you can solve this with the following steps:
1. Disconnect the offending turnout (without moving it!)
2. Right-click the left hand side endpoint of the turnout, and correct the value for the X coordinate.
3. Right-click each turnout, and glue them.
4. Try to drag either one of the turnouts, so the track reconnects. Because the track is glued, it won't move, it will just connect.
5. Unglue.

If you need more of these crossovers, copy/paste and/or flip them, so you don't have to correct each and every one as described above.

David.

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

David

We've corrected this issue in the latest (3.27.1) release.

You have to replace your existing turnouts with the new ones though.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.