News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Layers, how can I move a track from one to another?

Started by tommy-nscale, May 03, 2017, 07:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy-nscale

I am still learning the tool, and unfortunately put some track in a run on one layer and some on another by mistake, I would like to select a piece of track and move it from one layer to another. Is there a way to do that?
I can cut them, select the correct layer, paste and reconnect, but it would be nice to select and say move to layer 2.
Thanks

RhB_HJ

Yes, there is an easy way.
When you're in the "Track" menu section — Tools> Track, pops up as soon as you select a piece of track — select the layer you want to move to (fifth selection from the left in the menu). It shows the current layer you're using, the drop-down list shows all layers and you click on the layer where you want to move it to.

Believe it or not, I had forgotten how that works and it had me puzzled .... until I read the manual and looked at the illustration more carefully. :-[ :-[
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC   Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

My train videos

Win7Pro 64bit; 8 GB RAM; i5 2.67GHz; 1920x1080 22" display