News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

3D viewing & exporting

Started by PeJe, June 10, 2017, 05:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeJe

Hello David,

is it possible, or possible to make, a function to 3D-view only the layers that are active.
According to that I also would like to export the active layers only.
This because I use the .STL exported track to my 3D-CAD software to build a table structure around it.

At this moment I have to save a coppy of my .any and delete all layers I don't need and then export to .STL
This because the CAD software isn't able to import too big a file.

Peje

TrainzLuvr

Yes, please, could we have an option for each layer to have a simple checkbox: include in 3D view. Or, if not a separate checkbox, then simple logic: if the layer is visible -
include it in 3D view.

Technically, each object should actually have that checkbox. That way even if the layer is hidden the object could still appear.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

PeJe

A picture just to show how I'm trying to design benchwork by including a STL-exported anyrail file.
I find it a great way to visualize lots of ideas before building the real thing.
the only problem is that a complete exported STL-file is to big for most 3D software to handle.
thats why I asked for the possibility to save layer by layer as an STL or Obj-file  8)

David

The problem is that the 'ground' is influenced by the track.
So the question is: if a layer of track is not exported, should the ground be generated as if it were there, or should it be totally ignored.

I guess both options are interesting, so this requires a clever user interface.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Mike from CT

Quote from: David on September 07, 2017, 02:20:24 PM
The problem is that the 'ground' is influenced by the track.
So the question is: if a layer of track is not exported, should the ground be generated as if it were there, or should it be totally ignored.

I guess both options are interesting, so this requires a clever user interface.

Good thing AnyRail has a clever user interface designer.... :)

David

PeJe

I think both way's are workable, but the "ground" as a reference plane to each individual layer
can come in handy by placing them afterwords in the benchwork.

PeJe

I have another small isue regarding the 3D viewing.
When I place some bits of track in the catagory bridges there apear a load of "spikes".
these "spikes" will go from the heighest bridge all the way to the bottom.
is there a way to switch them off??

David

If you switch off 'Tunnels', the pillars will not be created either.

PeJe

I am sorry david, but they won't disappear