News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

"Download failed" on User Objects

Started by TrainzLuvr, June 20, 2017, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainzLuvr

Hello,

I've been trying to get the User Objects downloaded and it keeps randomly failing. Sometimes it would say 1/243/1995, other times it would go up to 27/... but in any case a warning box appears saying "Download failed"??

Using AnyRail through Parallels on the macOS, and haven't had any issues before with it.

As an aside, I couldn't even log into the forum from Safari and had to revert to Firefox because it would tell me that the server unexpectedly dropped the connection on /forum_en/index.php?action=login2

Thanks.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

David

This is a bit strange of course. The first number indicates the number of items actually downloaded, the second is the total number to download and the last is the total number of user objects available.
So at least there seems to be some progress if the first number is not zero.

Do you use the latest version of AnyRail (6.7.0)?

About the other issue using the forum, this might be a Safari issue:
https://www.igorkromin.net/index.php/2014/11/27/how-to-fix-safari-cant-open-the-page-error/

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

TrainzLuvr

Loaded AnyRail (6.7.0) today, went to download user objects, and it started downloading. Looked like it would go through, but stopped at 499/826/1995. Download failed. Meh!

I retried the download and it went up to 766/1593/1995...

Does it resume where it stopped, or it starts from 0 each time? (EDIT: looks like it resumes)

At least I was able to log into the forum from Safari.

Thanks.

TrainzLuvr

So, it finished downloading everything after several retries, but now the menu appears messed-up.

Please see attached.

EDIT: Tried reopening AnyRail, the same happens.

EDIT2: Safari is back to acting up on login.

David

The menu seems fine to me! When there are too many manufacturers, they're put in a list. Use the down arrows (triangles) to see the full list.

TrainzLuvr

Oh, somehow I had an impression that the menu would like the same as the track selection, with each manufacturer being separate.

Regarding the download, I tried it on another computer, on a different network, in another VM and still getting intermittent download failures. It eventually managed to download all but not without those error message coming up.

Forum is still giving me hard time, both logging in and posting.

David

Thanks for trying it on another machine/network as well.
Have you also tried using a Windows computer instead of a VM or Parallels configuration?

The menu originally had all the manufacturers listed, but there are simply too many of them. Hence the grouping.

About the forum: could you please try and change your profile, and use the Whitebox theme instead? Perhaps that solves the issues.

David

The problem with downloading the user objects shoule be solved in version 6.7.1 of AnyRail.

TrainzLuvr

Thank you for fixing the user objects downloads!