News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 6.9

Started by David, August 24, 2017, 01:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hi again!

This new release has quite a few things to offer.

- The 3D generator has been improved, and is a lot faster now. Also, you can now create 'height contours' to create mountains or holes in the ground. To do so, simply draw a surface in the 2D editor, set its height, and check the box for 'Height contour'.

- Some people complained about the captions on the track buttons. Sometimes, it's not so practical to use the part number. Via FILE/Options/General, you can now change the captions to (short) descriptions. For some track libraries, these descriptions might not be what you want. Please let me know if that happens. For us, it's hard to know the common way of calling parts for each manufacturer!

- The side rulers now have a red marker to indicate where the mouse is.

- The selected route is now indicated by a green dashed line. This should make selecting routes a lot more obvious.

- New libraries:
* MTH RealTrax
* MTH ScaleTrax
* H0n3 Fast Tracks (minimum sizes)
* H0e Minitrains

- Updated libraries:
* N Kato Unitrack
* Peco Setrack OO9 (turnouts U405/U406 removed, as they will not be produced after all)

- Other updates:
* Trainplayer export improved
* JMRI export adapted to latest version of the JMRI Blocktable
* Color of selected surface no longer green

I hope you like it!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Tom Springer

David, V6.9 reset all the settings back to the defaults.  Expected?  A bit of a surprise.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

David

Yes, sorry about that.

The reason is that we've updated the underlying third party library that we use for the user interface, and the way settings were saved are not fully compatible.

During testing, we found that in some cases the program could even refuse to start.

To avoid this, all settings are reverted to their 'factory defaults'.

We always try to avoid this of course between updates, but sometimes it's unavoidable unfortunately.

My apologies for this.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Tom Springer

David, thanks.

Know sometimes this has to happen.  Just so everyone knows.and all is good.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

TrainzLuvr

I like the new height contours features, though would it be possible to somehow identify those surfaces that are hidden behind other surfaces (a dotted outline or something like that?).

For example, when you create a dimple in another contour and place it at a lower height than the main surface, it disappears behind it and you can't see it, select it or anything else, unless you move or hide the surface above it.

Also, I assume there's no way to create slopes between the surfaces and it's always straight up or down?

Thanks.
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

Future-Digital

WOW! Way Cool!

Thanks, David

Bill.
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx