News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Marias Pass - updated plan

Started by mrsax2000, October 29, 2017, 03:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsax2000

Still need to stop planning and finish prepping the "train room". So no more changes, except as needed during construction.

David

Is this under construction already? Looks very nice!
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

TrainzLuvr

I see you are mixing KATO and Atlas, do you use KATO's adapters for the normal flex track or do you just make your own transition between the two?

How did you handle the height difference between the KATO and Atlas: cork, foam or something else?
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

mrsax2000

Everything I've read pretty much says you don't have to use the adapters. Just remove the unijoiners and use regular rail joiners. Shims might be needed if roadbeds (cork) or whatever board the track is on, isn't level with Unitrack.

I've since removed the flex in the lower right, ditched the lower level staging and will use the lower right area for 4 staging tracks in a reverse loop. It will save $$$ and eliminate the multi-level helix construction.  Figure I could add that later on.

Just planning on flex at the turntable, engine house.