News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Tolerance using Kato Unitrack

Started by Chiech, November 09, 2017, 10:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiech

Hi,

I am new to the Forum...I am trilled you are here. Thanks in advance for the help.

I am putting a layout together using Kato Unitrack. The plans call for a 15' 186mm 15' Crossing Right 7 5/16"

I don't want to use a crossing and am having trouble fitting one of the pieces in AnyRail. The bottom line is I can get AnyRail to accept the track I am using if I change the tolerance for distance to .4 but I am reluctant. It will work in the program but will it work when I put the track together? Will it cause me problems?

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Chiech

David

In general, it's less of a problem to 'cheat' with the angles than with the length.
In your case, can you create an imperfect connection at an angle of 1 to 2 degrees to make it fit?

To make such a connection, switch off 'Autoconnect' on the settings tab, disconnect the track, rotate it, and refit.
Here's a video on this subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20hDeHXfAdo

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.